New Coach in Tazewell?

Gym

Well, I am not from Tazwell and can't say I have ever been there in my life but the fact still remains, Shane is going to have enough to deal with from what I understand about the hierarchy in and around the athletic programs in Tazwell. Don't add to it by getting something unfairly started on a meaningless message board.

i didn't...in fact i said you don't need that sort of press, you don't want that sort of rep getting started...and you don't...it will be important the kids out there take to him is what I was getting at...you don't need all that hard nosed/hard ass stuff going around...too easy for kids to sit home and play Xbox than to work hard, much less if they think the guy is a slave driver.

Being from CC, he might know a few refs he can bring along to help things out though :) j/k.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't...in fact i said you don't need that sort of press, you don't want that sort of rep getting started...and you don't...it will be important the kids out there take to him is what I was getting at...you don't need all that hard nosed/hard ass stuff going around...too easy for kids to sit home and play Xbox than to work hard, much less if they think the guy is a slave driver.

Being from CC, he might know a few refs he can bring along to help things out though :) j/k.

That makes more sense. I don't know Shane personally and doubt he knows me. He would remember my brother as I am sure my brother would remember him. They competed against each other in high school and were two of a select few athletes to go on to compete at the college level. The talent level then is not what it is now for this area.

As for the ref's comment and as I have mentioned before, I have never been affiliated with the VHSL and will leave it at that.

That makes more sense. I don't know Shane personally and doubt he knows me. He would remember my brother as I am sure my brother would remember him. They competed against each other in high school and were two of a select few athletes to go on to compete at the college level. The talent level then is not what it is now for this area.

As for the ref's comment and as I have mentioned before, I have never been affiliated with the VHSL and will leave it at that.

ref comment was a joke...whenever CC comes up i like to mention it...not a problem these days, but back in the early 2000's it was hard to go in there and win...had a tendency to see a lot of funny flags.

I wish the guy luck, the kids in T-Town need a good coach that will stick around for a few years.

ref comment was a joke...whenever CC comes up i like to mention it...not a problem these days, but back in the early 2000's it was hard to go in there and win...had a tendency to see a lot of funny flags.

I wish the guy luck, the kids in T-Town need a good coach that will stick around for a few years.

I was not living here in the early 2000's, I left at 17 in 1992 and didn't return until 2007. I had heard about some issues over the years before CC was a member of the SWD but that was many years ago. The problem, as it was explained to me, was the head of the association for referees (pre Roanoke Association and Appalachian Association covering this area) was also the longtime principal of CCHS and he would schedule ref's/umps to his/their advantage. That has all been changed from what I understand.

you folks in Tazewell walk around with your head up your ass most of the time, so it wasn't much of a leap from nose to ass.

head_up_your_ass2.jpg

Guess the folks in Tazewell are just seeing things from your point of view!

Guess the folks in Tazewell are just seeing things from your point of view!

come on Sheets...is that the best you've got? lol. I expected more from a Foreskins fan...after years of abuse, you would think you might have a better comeback.

come on Sheets...is that the best you've got? lol. I expected more from a Foreskins fan...after years of abuse, you would think you might have a better comeback.

These 20 years of abuse for being a Skins fan is about to come back and bite some people in the arse! On the new coach, I wish him luck, not he needs to get his arse here and get to work! 2 and half months till it all begins!

By: By Jim Talbert\staff | Richlands News Press

Allen said he would evaluate his personnel; before deciding what schemes to use but favored a spread version of the Wing T offense.

My goodness. How did this sentence ever get past an editor? Jim Talbert used a semicolon wrong; it shouldn't have been printed. See what I did there? See?! SEE?!

My goodness. How did this sentence ever get past an editor? Jim Talbert used a semicolon wrong; it shouldn't have been printed. See what I did there? See?! SEE?!

Allen said he would evaluate his personnel; before deciding what schemes to use but favored a spread version of the Wing T offense.

It would read better this way.

Allen said he would evaluate his personnel before deciding what schemes to use, but favored a spread version of the Wing T Offense.

Damn straight! The BDT would've capitalized the word right after the semicolon, then misspelled "schemes" for good measure. The Richlands News Press has much to learn...

Well i wish him good luck !

He's gonna need it that first year and maybe every year after, but i do hope he turns things around, if for no other reason then for the sake of the kids up there that do want to play and work hard !

He's gonna need all the support he can get from former players and anybody that is willing to support him.

Tazewell was once a force, and can be again if they will let him run the program and build it the right way.

Well i wish him good luck !

He's gonna need it that first year and maybe every year after, but i do hope he turns things around, if for no other reason then for the sake of the kids up there that do want to play and work hard !

He's gonna need all the support he can get from former players and anybody that is willing to support him.

Tazewell was once a force, and can be again if they will let him run the program and build it the right way.

Amen!

Well by the articles that have printed about, I guess today will be his first day here with the players!!! Let get after it Coach! Two months and some change and it's LIVE!

Amen!

Well by the articles that have printed about, I guess today will be his first day here with the players!!! Let get after it Coach! Two months and some change and it's LIVE!

yep...he's on the clock...over under is 2 years....place your bets!

yep...he's on the clock...over under is 2 years....place your bets!

What do you have against Tazewell??? Every post you make is something smart mouthed against us. I think I speak for all of the people in Tazewell when I say, I'd rather you just be quiet and not even mention our town, community, or school. Or you could just be a moderator and be unbiased.

What do you have against Tazewell??? Every post you make is something smart mouthed against us. I think I speak for all of the people in Tazewell when I say, I'd rather you just be quiet and not even mention our town, community, or school. Or you could just be a moderator and be unbiased.

nothing against you guys at all...guess the truth just hurts.

Tazewell has been a revolving door hot seat for coaches the past several years...i thought 2 years on the over/under was generous given the history?

nothing against you guys at all...guess the truth just hurts.

Tazewell has been a revolving door hot seat for coaches the past several years...i thought 2 years on the over/under was generous given the history?

You're right...you are the forum god and the rest of us are over sensitive minions.

You're right...you are the forum god and the rest of us are over sensitive minions.

What's that have to do with what was being said? Just being honest, it is what it is...nothing more. Sorry if you don't like it, it chaps your ass, or pisses you off to hear it. Truth is, when people hear Tazewell gets (another) new coach, first thing they think is "how long before they run this one off?"

Sorry Smitty.

What's that have to do with what was being said? Just being honest, it is what it is...nothing more. Sorry if you don't like it, it chaps your ass, or pisses you off to hear it. Truth is, when people hear Tazewell gets (another) new coach, first thing they think is "how long before they run this one off?"

Sorry Smitty.

The people in tazewell had nothing to do with the last one leaving. He screwed up himself. What pisses the people in tazewell off is people blaming them for running coaches off. People make comments but, don't know what they're talking about.

Sorry Smitty.

It would seem that you're the one a little chapped. Please refrain from profanity. I will not converse with someone who articulates their thoughts in that manner. I believe coach Allen will do a fine job and believe he will be here for a while. I've coached against him and his defenses are always sound.

Sorry Lancie

I'm with Lance on this....what did he say that wasn't what everybody else was already thinking???.....

I do hope that this guy last longer....We'll see if he just wants to get head coach on his resume and then move on when all of the saturday morning quarterbacks start running the show.....