Champions League Final

Ryan4VT

What a game!!!!! Chelsea wins 1-1 (4-3) on penalty kicks. There is nothing more exciting in all of sports than penalty kicks. And I can't think of a better way to get our first UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CUP!!!!!

I hate anti-football, but Chelsea has deployed these tactics for the past few weeks to sheer perfection--heck, even Fernando Torres was defending his highlights off in extra time. On the day, Chelsea were not the better team. I think that can be agreed upon; yet, they lifted the European Cup in triumph. Funny game football is.

Question now turns to how will this result effect the German national team. Germany's core is Bayern and this loss is devastating. They say you are only as good as your last game...

blog on the match can be found at btpwoodywilder.blogspot.com

I hate anti-football, but Chelsea has deployed these tactics for the past few weeks to sheer perfection--heck, even Fernando Torres was defending his highlights off in extra time.

...And football's anti-hero, Didier Drogba, is now king of west London. Absolute bomb of a header to tie the game.

With all the crap I talk about Chelsea, I've got to hand it to them. I'm glad Abramovich doesn't have to go sulk on his 100 ft. yacht after another Champions League loss. I'm glad John Terry doesn't have to berate Anton Ferninand with racial slurs out of sadness; he can now look down upon his black brethren with a smile on his face. I'm glad Di Matteo is still alive this morning, and may still have a job next year.

Nice work, Chelsea. We only knew it would be so long before you bought your own history.