Bluefield Beavers Srimmages?

ChanteHokie1

For those that went how did the Leggett kid look?

Typical Leggett; breaking tackles, fighting for extra yards and had a long 25+ yard TD run in the controlled scrimmage. Bluefield did not utilize him much yesterday; they were mostly trying to identify other possible weapons to put around him. Leggett is the least of Bluefield's worries going into the season. If they put an OL together to block for him and he stays healthy he'll have a great season.

If Leggett stays healthy. That's a huge question mark for me this season outside the linemen.

As the primary back last season he was banged up most of the year. He showed a lot of toughness playing as much as he could but you could tell it affected his play a great deal.

If Leggett stays healthy. That's a huge question mark for me this season outside the linemen.

As the primary back last season he was banged up most of the year. He showed a lot of toughness playing as much as he could but you could tell it affected his play a great deal.

This is what I am worried about too. Bluefield was a completely different team last season when he was healthy vs. when he wasn't. Hopefully loaded talent at the skills positions that Rules mentioned in his first post will take some of the weight off Leggett this season.

Rules, did you get any feel on how the O-line looked the other day?

This is what I am worried about too. Bluefield was a completely different team last season when he was healthy vs. when he wasn't. Hopefully loaded talent at the skills positions that Rules mentioned in his first post will take some of the weight off Leggett this season.

Rules, did you get any feel on how the O-line looked the other day?

The line looked okay considering the size and strength of C'burg up front. However, as I stated previously several kids slated to start on the line did not play on Saturday. You'll get a better idea about the line at the Shady scrimmage.

Although there season record is uncertain at the time, one thing we can count on is them smashing the g-men once again.... :)

Well, I don't think it will be any worse than it has been the last three seasons...

Although there season record is uncertain at the time, one thing we can count on is them smashing the g-men once again.... :)

Don't count on it, you may get a good scare.

Shady is in for a long season. They were loaded with seniors last year, not much back this year...good thing they are still playing a mostly AA schedule their first year in AAA...

Having some success will be a big positive going into the season because in reality this team is still young. However, hopefully the senior leadership is strong and prevents any sort-of overconfidence going into Beaver/Graham. And according to the roster #8 is DJ Stewart, who is a rising sophomore and I felt would be key to giving another weapon opposite Leggett. I remember him from last year's C'burg scrimmage and he was very impressive; quick and quite elusive.