PLAYOFFS-Round 1 Scores/Updates

starcityfootballfan

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your full of $hit too! Who was in on offense for Wayne's last drive? I'll answer that for you, the Starters! I guess someone will need to pay you another visit in 2 weeks since the message wasn't delivered clear enough when Bluefield was up there coward. Wayne subbed a couple of dlinemen for Dwight and Bryant, nothing more.

you got that right!

Totally agree with you guys... Graham never gave up....(not sure I could've said that in any of Graham's contests 2 years ago.....They have 19 juniors on this years team and several freshmen and sophomores contributing as well... should have a heck of a team next season.... will miss this fine group of seniors however, great leaders....

Great season G-Men.....you've made your community proud.

did graham give up the TD since they couldn't keep Union from running out the clock or what happened there?

No.... Graham had just burned their last time out..... a stop there would've forced a punt with a little less than a minute left....they had everybody up on the line of scrimmage.....dude got behind them and went all the way...

I am in Kentucky right now ffor a college homecoming in Berea. My mother is giving me updates in addition to twitter and you all. I heard there was an ejection on Graham.

I think it was one of those "the guy responding gets the penalty"....appeared that a union player smacks a graham player on the back of the helmet as he was walking away......graham player turns around and throws the union player to the turf....

I will say one thing however.... Graham was laying the smacketh down in the 2nd half...some very hard hitting going on....looked like a flashback to Graham's glory days for a while.....

Union's running game was just too much for Graham.... although I'd say Graham probably had more total yards.... Union controlled the pace with their run game, however and ate up a lot of the clock.

Congratulations to a very good Union Team.

Edited by futbolking

Your full of $hit too! Who was in on offense for Wayne's last drive? I'll answer that for you, the Starters! I guess someone will need to pay you another visit in 2 weeks since the message wasn't delivered clear enough when Bluefield was up there coward. Wayne subbed a couple of dlinemen for Dwight and Bryant, nothing more.

Byrd's performance today solidified the prevalent thought that Bluefield will be back in two weeks. Nobody who struggles with Braxton is going to touch Bluefield.

Wayne's last offensive possession, which ended in a fumble, the fourth RB (Wayne starts 3, so this kid is the first sub in the backfield, to be clear), carried 6 times. That was a grouping Wayne hadn't used all year together. Brandon Spurlock, James Egnor and Mason Hodge were all out of the game. Wayne had a couple of non-starting seniors mixed in with the line, and TE playing FB.

However, on the 4th quarter TD drive for Bluefield, there was half and half for Wayne. Again no problem. Bluefield scored at the 8:36 mark to make it 45-14 and onside kicked. Wayne played the entire JV defense the last few plays of that ensuing series (check out Marcus Constantino's photos, you'll clearly see Leggett running against 31 and 34 for Wayne near the end).

Wayne played about 40-45 kids in that game. Bluefield had a bunch that never saw the field.

But that game doesn't matter one bit. I just found that statement ironic. I'm not here to talk trash about kids or scream about coaches. Just wanted to point it out. Both teams took the foot off the gas in the fourth quarter to run the clock out faster. The kids handled things really well the second half.

Best wishes at RCB. Sans a monsoon hitting this week, I doubt Bluefield has much problem with them.

Byrd's performance today solidified the prevalent thought that Bluefield will be back in two weeks. Nobody who struggles with Braxton is going to touch Bluefield.

Wayne's last offensive possession, which ended in a fumble, the fourth RB (Wayne starts 3, so this kid is the first sub in the backfield, to be clear), carried 6 times. That was a grouping Wayne hadn't used all year together. Brandon Spurlock, James Egnor and Mason Hodge were all out of the game. Wayne had a couple of non-starting seniors mixed in with the line, and TE playing FB.

However, on the 4th quarter TD drive for Bluefield, there was half and half for Wayne. Again no problem. Bluefield scored at the 8:36 mark to make it 45-14 and onside kicked. Wayne played the entire JV defense the last few plays of that ensuing series (check out Marcus Constantino's photos, you'll clearly see Leggett running against 31 and 34 for Wayne near the end).

Wayne played about 40-45 kids in that game. Bluefield had a bunch that never saw the field.

But that game doesn't matter one bit. I just found that statement ironic. I'm not here to talk trash about kids or scream about coaches. Just wanted to point it out. Both teams took the foot off the gas in the fourth quarter to run the clock out faster. The kids handled things really well the second half.

Best wishes at RCB. Sans a monsoon hitting this week, I doubt Bluefield has much problem with them.

Since I was the one who mentioned it, I'll also mention the reason I mentioned it. It was merely to give an accurate assessment of the score for anybody who wasn't listening to the radio. If it was reserves vs. reserves, or starters vs. starters, that score may concern the Bluefield faithful a little, to see someone put up 27 points.

So...only reason was to say that the 27 points was the Roane starters versus the Bluefield 9th and 10th graders. That's all.

I also wanted to congratulate the Graham team on a heck of a season. I am proud of those guys for getting back to what is traditional G-Men football, in the playoffs. The future is up from here, guys...this looks so much like the Carlock days, impresses me. Hard to believe how awful it got under that last unnamed coach, who really made a mess of things. What a total turnaround. Y'all have a great coach, and the kids are back to battling to win.

Couldn't be more proud of a group of kids than this group, and especially these seniors. They were there for the worst,and are now the leaders of this turnaround. Great job by our coaches for their hard work and dedication this season. Finally congratulations to union,their coaches,and fans. You guys are some great folks and a classy bunch. Best of luck to you as you move forward. I hope we see you again soon.