clintwood at george wythe

cwood78

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it is its GW CALL................

Actually, per the VHSL if it's 3.5 hours it's Saturday. I'd say on a bus from Clintwood it's 3.5 easy. CHS officials are saying right now that they haven't confirmed time yet so I'd say that the PA announcer there was just saying the time the other games had been.

If it's less than 3.5 hours it is up to host....mutual agreement if they move it to Saturday.

Played last yr on a Saturday....GW may feel it is to their advantage to play on Friday night... I prefer as a fan Saturday playoff games...

So what does anyone know about George Wythe? Better/worse than last year?

Not quite as good as last year imo. Hogoheegee is awful. No competition in district play. Lost to Floyd and beat Radford by 13. Did beat the number 1 seed in D2 West Fort Chis. 28-7 early in year. Struggled with RR last night assuming due to turnovers, didn't see the game

Confirmed time and place: Wednesday morning 10am at Longs Fork Elementary School playground behind the monkey bars. Adjacent to the basketball court...the one with 9ft. goals. Ain't no way GW wins in that environment.

We might s'prise ya :D

Game was announced for Friday @ 7, but I would be surprised if that stuck.

Either way, I expect a heck of a game. Hope to the good Lord above we don't turn it over 6 times like we did last year to Clintwood. You just can't do that against a top tier team like that and expect to win.

Is Tech game with UVA in Blacksburg Saturday?? If so may not want to compete with Tech game. Didn't GW and Giles play few years ago on a Friday at 1?

Yes they did. GW went up there and beat em i think. Hoping the game isn't friday afternoon, i'll miss it due to work. Friday night sounds good to me...