Bluefield Basketball

BHS03

I just saw where the Beavers lost 65-49 to Greenbrier East. It looked like they were killed down low and on the boards.

Once again, I say that this is what has plagued the Beavers over the years. I'm not real familiar with all of the AA team but if there is one team that has a decent big man then the Beavers will once again fail to win the state championship.

It looked like they were killed down low and on the boards.

Once again, I say that this is what has plagued the Beavers over the years. I'm not real familiar with all of the AA team but if there is one team that has a decent big man then the Beavers will once again fail to win the state championship.

It's hard to compete when the other team has a 6'11 center.

Bluefield is in a league of their own in AA. It seems like every year we find a way to choke upstate. But I believe in AA it's Bluefield and then everyone else. I just hope poor coaching doesn't keep us from our long anticipated state championship.

I'm not real familiar with all of the AA team but if there is one team that has a decent big man then the Beavers will once again fail to win the state championship.

Luckily the top contenders in AA are all guard oriented teams and lack the big man down low.

The beavers had a terrible night of shooting. They had open looks just couldn't knock them down. These are 16 and 17 year old kids, there are gonna be those nights. I actually think the big guys for Bluefield held their own last night. Coppola had 18 points and actually outscored the 6-10 center. Edwards before last night has been playing extremely well. They've got a tough week coming up with Scott, Oak Hill, Wyoming East and Princeton. If nothing else they should be battle tested

The three players that"transferred" to east had 54 of their 65 points.

And all their mommas got jobs at The Greenbrier, just like the mommas of the girl's basketball team that won state last year...

I was at the gamee; despite the loss there are positives to take away. First, Coppola really played well and that will be huge heading into March. Secondly, Beaver shot horrendously in the second half and yet got within four points with under four minutes left before running out of steam. Third, this team never quits or gives up no matter how bleak things look. The difference in the game was the 6'9 big man, his presence was big on both ends of the floor; he got in the minds of the Bluefield players. But, no other contending team in AA has that type of size nor do they have a player as good as Watson on the perimeter.

I was at the gamee; despite the loss there are positives to take away. First, Coppola really played well and that will be huge heading into March. Secondly, Beaver shot horrendously in the second half and yet got within four points with under four minutes left before running out of steam. Third, this team never quits or gives up no matter how bleak things look. The difference in the game was the 6'9 big man, his presence was big on both ends of the floor; he got in the minds of the Bluefield players. But, no other contending team in AA has that type of size nor do they have a player as good as Watson on the perimeter.

I think someone said earlier that Bluefield shot 21 three point attempts. My guess is that is higher than average and they were shooting more outside shots because of his presence down low. Unfortunately they just didn't hit enough. Nevertheless, that's a good learning experience for the team.