Early AA Top 5 Football Predictions

Bulldog 82

Grayson will have a lot to replace to be as good as they have been in recent years. They lost nearly the entire offense save the 22 year old QB.

Fixed that for you...

• 2 weeks later...

Not a fan of grayson but anyone who would think Graham never played with holdbacks as many other schools did also is a fool

In my 4 years at Graham, there was exactly one (1) athlete who was held back. That athlete never played football, and it was by no means athletically motivated.

I'd swear to that on a mountain of bibles.

Not a fan of grayson but anyone who would think Graham never played with holdbacks as many other schools did also is a fool

There were exactly ZERO in the three classes ahead of me, my class, and the three classes behind me...

That's a valid point to make. One's 4 years in high school includes seeing 7 classes, as there are always 3 ahead of and 3 behind you.

I don't recall any holdbacks when I was at Graham either.... Graham's success came from hard work and dedication, not by playing 19 year olds against 16 and 17 year olds...

Edited by futbolking

Back to the original post,.... I'm not sure why Floyd is ranked so high...as a long time follower of Floyd, since 1999.... I can't understand the rationale...they lost a couple of key players off of a team that was clearly manhandled by Riverheads in the playoffs last season. Coach Beale and Coach Turpin always get the best out of their players, but I'm confused about this...any Floyd followers able to justify this high ranking?

What will Graham have this year...are they in the AA category?

They had 19 juniors last season, I assume the majority of those will return for their senior year. From what I am hearing, they have put in a lot of work in the weight room in the off season and are bigger and stronger (which is needed for the lineplay). I expect good things from them, but there is concern at the running back position, where they lack depth there. The lineplay should be much improved this year compared to the past several years. They have 2 solid QB's and a couple of talented WR's...I look for Graham to air it out a little more this year. Can't wait to see them play. I think they will compete very well with anybody on their schedule.

I don't recall any holdbacks when I was at Graham either.... Graham's success came from hard work and dedication, not by playing 19 year olds against 16 and 17 year olds...

lol you have got to be kidding me!!!!