Bluefield-Princeton

BeaverHokie

Just seems awfully quiet about this game.  The site was full of Bluefield grads and fans, seems I am one of the few left posting.  Where did everybody go?

Thoughts about this game?  I'm picking Bluefield by a narrow margin, about a touchdown.

I'm really concerned about this game.  Not real sure how much Princeton has improved from last years team.  Can't really judge by the Shady game, they are terrible.  I think it will be a close game and if it was at Mitchell I would say Bluefield wins but at Princeton, anything can happen.  Good luck to both teams on staying injury free.  Go Beavers.

Wood said, “We just came out there on the first play and stroked them. I guess that first drive wore them down, so I guess that’s the strategy every week. Next week, we’re going to do the same thing, so the kids across the county had better be ready.”

http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x1253334528/Princeton-sends-message-with-blowout-win

This quote is from from the link above to the BDT, made by a Princeton football player after their win over Shady last Friday night.

I just hope the Beavers use this as a little added motivation this week...

I think this will be a close one. We used to beat Shady like that so can't judge PSHS by that game. On the other hand Graham didn't play that well either, so that is not a good game to judge by. I have to say Beaver will win by 6-14 points. 

I am looking forward to listening to Jim Nelson call the game tonight. The last time Bluefield had a true professional play-by-play man was Fred Persinger II in 2004; the station running him off for Bob Redd was a HORRIBLE mistake. Whoever made the decision to bring Nelson abroad as Voice of the Beavers should be commended.

Just seems awfully quiet about this game.  The site was full of Bluefield grads and fans, seems I am one of the few left posting.  Where did everybody go?

Thoughts about this game?  I'm picking Bluefield by a narrow margin, about a touchdown.

I come on here every now and then. The layout really bothers me. I wish I could have the option to change it to how it was before.

Heard from WVVASPORTS twitter that a skirmish broke out at the 50 yard line.

I come on here every now and then. The layout really bothers me. I wish I could have the option to change it to how it was before.

Changed it because I thought you were dead...

I am looking forward to listening to Jim Nelson call the game tonight. The last time Bluefield had a true professional play-by-play man was Fred Persinger II in 2004; the station running him off for Bob Redd was a HORRIBLE mistake. Whoever made the decision to bring Nelson abroad as Voice of the Beavers should be commended.

Jim Nelson is awesome to listen to.  Was not at the game, but listening to him, he can describe the situation perfectly, with the offensive formation, what the defense is showing, all within a couple seconds before the snap.  He's a legend, nobody in the area seems to be anywhere near as good.

I like Bob Redd as a person, he's a former neighbor of mine.  I do think he was better than last year's team, but nowhere near Jim Nelson's level.  At least pairing Joe Jarvis with Nelson, maybe Jarvis will listen a lot and learn.  Not kidding, I think Jim Nelson could teach a class (a semester or two) about sports announcing, a lot of local announcers could learn a lot from him.

Hate the outcome of the game.  Hate losing to Princeton.  I can stomach losing to Graham, I root for them the rest of the season.  Princeton?  No, not at all.

I tuned in right at the end of that skirmish, and there were double offsetting penalties on that play, nobody thrown out, played the down over.  No idea what happened or what caused it.

Oh, for those that don't know the score, it was Bluefield 29, Princeton 32.  Bluefield had a final shot, with 3 seconds on the clock, inside the 1 yard line, bobbled snap, no gain, game over.  Bluefield got another shot apparently due to a Princeton player trying to kick the ball away from the pile to prevent Bluefield from getting their final play off.  They were called for delay of game due to it.  At least one of the previous plays, it was said that perhaps the forward progress of RJ Bourne running the ball should have been a touchdown, reminds me of the Will Cole game back in 2008 (???).

I still thought the second TD that Princeton scored the kid was a foot out of bounds when he came down.  Poor officiating on both sides and a tough way to lose for the Beavers.  It was a hard fought classic game played by both teams.