Parent files Bullying complaint after sons team loses 91-0.

MrSocko

First team took 21 total snaps. QBs combined for 10 pass ATTEMPTS. They ran for 381 and 8 tds. That coach did everything he could to stop the beating except take knees on every play.

This reminds me of the Tazewell/Richlands game a few years back when the 3rd stringers and a few JV players were scoring on Tazewell. Eventually it's on the players to stop someone.

First team took 21 total snaps. QBs combined for 10 pass ATTEMPTS. They ran for 381 and 8 tds. That coach did everything he could to stop the beating except take knees on every play.

This reminds me of the Tazewell/Richlands game a few years back when the 3rd stringers and a few JV players were scoring on Tazewell. Eventually it's on the players to stop someone.

Or the first half if this years Richlands/LB game...and before you get all defensive just remember you brought Tazewell into this LOL

I actually saw this and was going to post it but you beat me to it. The starters were pulled pretty early in the game and they ran the ball. Not alot more they could do.

Sounds like some parents need to get over themselves. That has got to be embarassing for the players from the losing team, their mommy filed a bullying report because they were being picked on.

Couldnt the parents of the winning team(who subbed in backups, im assuming younger players) also argue that the losing team was attempting to intimidate their players by leaving their starters in(im assuming older players)?  Its all just rediculious

Bullying is a serious issue and needs to be taken seriously, cases like this trivialize the issue.

Or the first half if this years Richlands/LB game...and before you get all defensive just remember you brought Tazewell into this LOL

That too. No defensive here. We were destroyed the same way.

Great point there.  For this to be lumped in with true bullying cases with terrible outcomes, such as the one down in Florida recently, is a detriment to anti-bullying efforts.

Probably a bit off topic, but......whatever happened to the days when parents told their kids.....don't start no s*%t but you better not take any s*#t......the message that kids should receive (in my opinion) is not to be a victim.  Sign of the times I guess.....these days it is fashionable to be a victim.

Today's kids have a dim outlook if you think about it.  All of this social media today, nobody actually talks with anybody any more.  Inter-personal communication skills will soon be a thing of the past.  Everyone wants to blame someone else...no accountability..we have petitions, websites, political campaigns, movies.....all about kids being bullies.  Not trying to say that bullying is a good thing, because it isn't.  In all of these anti-bully campaigns......is there ever a message about not being a victim?  Or standing up to a bully.  This country was founded on standing up to bullies.   I guess if this was the practice a couple hundred years ago.....we would have simply campaigned the French to make the mean men in red coats stop bullying us.  It that was the case.....we would all be drinking tea. Just my two cents.

Probably a bit off topic, but......whatever happened to the days when parents told their kids.....don't start no s*%t but you better not take any s*#t......the message that kids should receive (in my opinion) is not to be a victim. Sign of the times I guess.....these days it is fashionable to be a victim.

Today's kids have a dim outlook if you think about it. All of this social media today, nobody actually talks with anybody any more. Inter-personal communication skills will soon be a thing of the past. Everyone wants to blame someone else...no accountability..we have petitions, websites, political campaigns, movies.....all about kids being bullies. Not trying to say that bullying is a good thing, because it isn't. In all of these anti-bully campaigns......is there ever a message about not being a victim? Or standing up to a bully. This country was founded on standing up to bullies. I guess if this was the practice a couple hundred years ago.....we would have simply campaigned the French to make the mean men in red coats stop bullying us. It that was the case.....we would all be drinking tea. Just my two cents.

Great post! Kids today are taught to go tell somebody about the bullying, or anything else for that matter. My dad would have wore me out for that when I was younger. I teach my kids to stay away from trouble, but when it gets down to it, they better stand up for themselves. You can't make it very far relying on somebody else to fix your problems. As a parent you want to protect your kids, but if you really want them to succeed, you have to let them handle things on their own and support them every step of the way.

The last two posts were well stated.  I guess now we can see why the team got beat 91-0.  Mommy and daddy that filed the grievance were not out on the field blocking and tackling for their son.  I shouldn't be surprised though, we have become a country of nothing but cry babies that want something for nothing.  

Probably a bit off topic, but......whatever happened to the days when parents told their kids.....don't start no s*%t but you better not take any s*#t......the message that kids should receive (in my opinion) is not to be a victim.  Sign of the times I guess.....these days it is fashionable to be a victim.

Today's kids have a dim outlook if you think about it.  All of this social media today, nobody actually talks with anybody any more.  Inter-personal communication skills will soon be a thing of the past.  Everyone wants to blame someone else...no accountability..we have petitions, websites, political campaigns, movies.....all about kids being bullies.  Not trying to say that bullying is a good thing, because it isn't.  In all of these anti-bully campaigns......is there ever a message about not being a victim?  Or standing up to a bully.  This country was founded on standing up to bullies.   I guess if this was the practice a couple hundred years ago.....we would have simply campaigned the French to make the mean men in red coats stop bullying us.  It that was the case.....we would all be drinking tea. Just my two cents.

I don't disagree with you but there is a reason people don't just stand up. Say you are in 10th grade and get bullied a lot. Your school has a zero tolerance policy on violence. So, you have to tell your teachers and administration. You may have to tell the school board. They keep feeding you the same line "Oh! We'll take care of it." Then all they do is just tell the bully not to do it anymore and call that taking care of it. That is if they even do anything about it. The bully stays on your back and won't leave you alone. They do it especially as revenge for telling on them.

You get tired of them doing it. So you decide to give them what is coming to them. You decide to throw them a punch or two. Remember that zero tolerance policy on violence? Well, because of that, you are now expelled from school and have to go to a new school/school district. Nothing is even done about the reason you threw the punch. Even though the bullies got what was coming, you're the one who is in trouble. The bullies win.

That is why these campaigns and projects are not telling kids to just not be a victim. 

If young adults and kids felt like they could stand up for themselves, they definitely would. Even without zero tolerance, there isn't any guarantee that standing up would stop. Ideally, standing up would make the bully stop. Realistically, they'll just try to get back at you.

If parents would teach their kids to respect each other, we wouldn't have this big a problem. If schools would actually do something about the problem, you wouldn't have fights breaking out or worse, school shootings. Nothing justifies bringing a gun to school and shooting your schoolmates. This is a problem that needs to be addressed and schools and law enforcement--if it were to come down to that--need to step up to the plate and do their part to protect. 

Back to the topic at hand, the thought of a parent filing a bullying complaint against a team that did everything they could to not run up the score is repugnant at best. 

We need to teach our children to stand up for whats right. There was more than one occasion when I was in high school (mostly when I was a Jr and Sr) where I shoved someone around or intimidated someone that I saw bullying someone else. I never hit them or anything but I made sure they knew that wasn't ok and that it didn't need to be happening. Basically "im bigger and stronger than you and I don't treat you that way and you don't need to be treating him that way" Is that bullying, in a way I guess but right is but right and wrong is wrong.

Picking on someone is often called bullying and in reality its not. Tormenting someone is a lot different.

Sounds like something someone from Abingdon would do...

Yeah and I know that everyone from Raven is just totally bad to the bone...to put it nicely.   I could say that everyone over there marries their brother and sister too.  I would say that both are pretty stupid statements tough guy.

I don't disagree with you but there is a reason people don't just stand up. Say you are in 10th grade and get bullied a lot. Your school has a zero tolerance policy on violence. So, you have to tell your teachers and administration. You may have to tell the school board. They keep feeding you the same line "Oh! We'll take care of it." Then all they do is just tell the bully not to do it anymore and call that taking care of it. That is if they even do anything about it. The bully stays on your back and won't leave you alone. They do it especially as revenge for telling on them.

You get tired of them doing it. So you decide to give them what is coming to them. You decide to throw them a punch or two. Remember that zero tolerance policy on violence? Well, because of that, you are now expelled from school and have to go to a new school/school district. Nothing is even done about the reason you threw the punch. Even though the bullies got what was coming, you're the one who is in trouble. The bullies win.

That is why these campaigns and projects are not telling kids to just not be a victim. 

If young adults and kids felt like they could stand up for themselves, they definitely would. Even without zero tolerance, there isn't any guarantee that standing up would stop. Ideally, standing up would make the bully stop. Realistically, they'll just try to get back at you.

If parents would teach their kids to respect each other, we wouldn't have this big a problem. If schools would actually do something about the problem, you wouldn't have fights breaking out or worse, school shootings. Nothing justifies bringing a gun to school and shooting your schoolmates. This is a problem that needs to be addressed and schools and law enforcement--if it were to come down to that--need to step up to the plate and do their part to protect. 

Back to the topic at hand, the thought of a parent filing a bullying complaint against a team that did everything they could to not run up the score is repugnant at best. 

A few quibbles:

(1) I know of no school district that does NOT have a "zero tolerance" policy on violence.

(2) Schools' attitudes toward bullying are way different now than when I was in school.  A majority of schools would do all they could to end it.

(3) If schools won't end it, the courts will.  Schools and courts aren't mutually exclusive.

(4) I know of no school district in the United States where "only 2 punches" = expulsion.

(5) School officials often have discretion on how to punish offenders.  Having whipped a bully's a** in the 6th grade and receiving absolutely no punishment whatsoever for it, I can vouch.

Many of those school officials who often have the discretion on how to punish offenders do nothing about bullying, while many do punish the bully. I can vouch for much of that having been a victim of bullying myself. Iwas bullied a lot in school. In Grade 9. I told the bullies to leave me the f*** alone. Guess who got in trouble? Me. I was told that regardless of what they were doing, that gave me no excuse to use profanity and that any time someone gave me trouble, I was to tell the principal. Heaven forbid I stood up to them and got my rear end kicked.

Read this about a young man who took his own life in 2009 due to unpunished bullying. 

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/TheLaw/school-bullying-epidemic-turning-deadly/story?id=11880841

I'm glad your experience with bullies was much different. Not everyone can say that. A lot of victims could stand up to a bully and still get their arses handed to them. 

From the article given in this thread, the woman sounds like she is just upset that her son's team lost. 

I think a lot of us have been bullied at one time or another. I was bullied in elementary school, I was the fat kid. When I was in 7th grade I was getting picked on by younger kids. No kiddin, they were all a year or two younger than me(young redtiger was a sweet child),I told my mom (I couldn't exactly hit kids younger/smaller than me) and we went and talked to the principal about it. He took me and the bullies into a back hallway and basically told them "this kid is a lot bigger than any of you and at some point he is going to get tired of this and when he does im not going to punish him for his actions". The bullying stopped.  I had the physical attributes to put a stop to being bullied once I realized that I could do something about it.

Its corny but the spiderman quote "with great power comes great responsibility" always stuck with me. Whether it be popularity, size, whatever   if you have power it is your responsibility to stand up for whats right and stand up for those that aren't able to stand up for themselves.  I watched a lot of John Wayne as a kid and in a lot of ways im still guided by his influence. Do whats right and help those that need it.

trumpet is right, a lot of kids don't have the physical ability to stand up to bullies. We as a society have to make it clear that such actions aren't acceptable. Maybe 1 kid cant stand up to a group of tormenters, but a group of 3-4 kids, especially kids on the sports teams can.

We need to raise our children to be young men and women, not punks and not so insecure that they have the need to put others down to make themselves feel better.

Back in the day if you stood up to the bully and got a good lick in on him, chances are he didn't want to fool with you anymore. With todays policies, if you stand up for yourself you are as guilty as the agressor.

When I was in the 7th grade, an 8th grader was trying to start crap with me.  We both played football.  Lunch table, he tried to take my milk.  I reached across the table, grabbed him by the shirt, pulled him onto the table, and told him to put my milk down.  He did.

Little PITA that lived across the street (he also played football) ran to the head coach to tell him, trying to get me into trouble.  Coach asked me about it, and then told me "Good for you to take up for yourself".  That was it.  No trouble, no suspensions, none of that nonsense.  These days, I would have been the one in trouble.

A lot of people want to stand up to the bullies but don't know how. My best revenge against the blockheads that bullied me in school is karma. The people who bullied me really got their dose of it outside of high school. 

"Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one."-Bill Gates