Giles

Hokiebird7

The VHSL is still sorting it out. Something to do with a team from NC that one of them played and the way NC counts their wins and loses.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. How is it a problem specifically? The NC team should be designated in a VA group by size (count them as 1A, 2A, etc.), then get the points for playing them and points for the win (if the VA team won....I don't know who beat who), then rider points based on the NC team's W/L record. Should be simple, right?

Not exactly.  The difference being NC's "Endowment Games".  They arent necessarily played before the season starts like done in VA. Because of that, they have 11 regular season games scheduled and the VHSL has to make sure of which 10 games should be counted so that the VA team who played them receives the correct amount of rider points.

Im not exactly sure how it works but the way I understand it NC plays 11 games(or 10 and a benefit game or something) and somehow they are able to drop a loss(1 +10 = 11. 11-1=10). Or something like that and there is some disagreement as to how this will all play out. What I don't understand is this cant be the 1st time this situation has come up, so why cant the VHSL figure it out?

I hate to blend math in with football but for me it makes it clearer.

It sucks for the 2 teams on the bubble but it doesn't really matter because they are gonna get destroyed by Giles