Appalachian Outlaws

Buyer name Billy on this site should be in you guys back doors.

http://www.wildgrown.com/index.php/Buying-Selling-Ginseng/

Thousand dollars a lb green, had to have a individual wanting a special order, probably Chinese in New York

selling state side to Chinese.

Will have to check him out next season. Thanks for the link!

Interesting thing about the show is much of it is about what can happen to you if you go someplace you don't belong.  Well, I guest if you outlaw. Anybody that had never sanged, after watching this should not be to anxious to give it a try.  They don't do justice to how hard it is to find in any amount.

As a child my father took me to the woods and we always brought a few seeds and small bunches back for me to plant so I could learn the plant better.  Never really had heart to dig what was planted, it was something me and my dad did.  Even thought it is in sight of my father's house I have caught 5 people trying to dig it over time, even thou we always keep a couple of dogs.  People are stupid when it comes to sang. If you're going to confront anybody in the woods you better have something to back it up.

• 2 weeks later...

People are stupid no doubt.  Take the guy who had a huge patch of sang he was trying to protect.  First. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.  Second. If you were really wanting to keep people from digging and it, weed eat that area.  Lot easier than trying to booby trap the place and do night patrols.

• 6 years later...

This "A" outlaw program is so fake.  I will tell you though we gave our shade tree mechanic his Christmas junk food; cookies, wine cake, fudge, etc and he was overwhelmed. Told us to hold on he had something for us. Goes in house and brings out blueberry and butterscotch moonshine. West Virginia folks are really kind people!! Neighbors are always trying to give us ramps and exotic mushrooms because we give them baked goods for holidays and let them fish our pond.