Coleman Thomas News

BigO

Apparently Coleman has REALLY impressed so far at UT.  The coaching staff is really impressed with his athleticism and he's getting a long look at Right Tackle as opposed to center.  Needless to say that pleases the staff as UT was concerned with OL depth.  Obviously its VERY early and they haven't been doing any real practices (pads, etc) but their spring practice begins March 7th.  Good stuff for a local kid....and UT player.  GBO!

I agree red.  There are so many benefits.  Get to know your team, get early looks from staff, strength and conditioning program, etc.  The down side for the kids is the stuff seniors do...prom, walk at graduation, etc.  If you have NFL aspirations its most definitely the route to go.

Right now, the folks that are "in the know", so to speak, have Coleman starting at Right Tackle and backing up Mack Crowder (Tenn High grad) at Center.  This is of course early predictions and based solely on what they have heard from the staff, but, as I said, he's impressing the staff.

• 2 weeks later...

And it would be great for Coleman if Butch's history came through again:

Bruce Feldman â€@BFeldmanCBS 3m

Re: Coleman Thomas: Butch Jones' eye for unheralded O-line guys is impressive. Joe Staley & Eric Fisher were Butch guys who became 1st RDers

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to be the one to ask this, but has anyone heard of any wrong doings at his senior prom? Heard a story i won't repeat until know for sure. I'm not going to start a rumor that's not true. Hope it's no truth to what i've heard cause i'm really pulling for this kid.

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...