Bluefield @ Richlands

Nadoball

If Beaver cannot beat Richlands, they won't beat Wayne or Bridgeport so they can forget Wheeling.

Agreed.  I feel like we get a lot of chances to beat up on a lot of really bad teams through the year, and fear that the big games (this, Wayne, playoffs) are way different.  I'm not ready to give up on this game, though, but I never like being behind at the half.  Not sure how this team will react to that adversity.

Agreed. I feel like we get a lot of chances to beat up on a lot of really bad teams through the year, and fear that the big games (this, Wayne, playoffs) are way different. I'm not ready to give up on this game, though, but I never like being behind at the half. Not sure how this team will react to that adversity.

The next two quarters will tell us all we need to know about this team, serious contenders or is it time to roll out the basketballs....

Jim Nelson says that Bluefield is missing several of their receivers due to disciplinary actions.  Can anybody add any good facts or fair/reasonable speculation?  Appears some kids and their dumb decisions have really cost Bluefield horribly.  Bluefield has completed zero passes tonight.  Well, zero to their own team, two to Richlands players.

What a great game. Both teams played hard and both teams played very clean. Bluefield is every bit as good as advertised. I don't see them dropping another game until December.

With that said, I've said all week that we could win this game. Our defense is a great defense. Very opportunistic. And they hit hard. You could see the Bluefield players body language change in the second quarter.

So proud of my Blues. Now, let's go get after Tazewell. It's time for the BACKYARD BRAWL!!!

Congrats to the blues and all the"blowhards" out there. This was a game I wanted to see but wasn't able to get there. I bet against the blues in the pick em(with some serious doubt) but had a fuzzy feeling Mance and the men would bring the wood. A serious momentum builder heading into the second half the season. Hope the dogs show up next week ready to play.

The key to this game is to hold the ball. Speed doesn't mean a damn thing if they don't have the ball. Bluefield will score. But it's up to Richlands to hold the ball and make that defense tired and the offense stay out of rhythm. I think Richlands keeps it close. At halftime last year we were only down 7. Don't be too surprised when this game is closer than the "experts" think.

I think you done a pretty nice job there a week in advance Ryan!

Perhaps Richlands gets a 4th time out (if Jim Nelson is correct).  Didn't matter, but still...

Halftime score is Bluefield 14 Richlands 21.  Not a great start for Bluefield.

Yep, a 4th TO

Remember earlier when Blfd fumbled the ball to Richlands, and both sides switched out, and the refs gave the ball back to Blfd because they'd blown the whistle?

Then the next play went for neg. yardage. When they broke the next huddle, the down marker showed 2nd instead of 3rd.  Mance called TO to get it corrected, and he wasn't charged for it.

I know that the fumble was a controversial call.  However, there was an inadvertant whistle on the play and when it was blown the ball had not yet been recovered.  It automatically goes back to the offense.  Not much worse than an inadvertant whistle, hate when that happens.  They should have had a conference before signaling 1st down Richlands.  Overall, the officiating wasn't terrible though.  Richlands has came a long way this season.  After the Union game, I would have bet the house that LB and Bluefield was going to win big.  Much credit to the kids and coaches.

Saw a game on TV last weekend where a fumble TD was called back because of a quick whistle.  Man, I hate when that happens.  Gotta think they're trained to end the play quickly to prevent unnecessary hits, but I HATE when they blow it without knowing where the ball is.

Saw a game on TV last weekend where a fumble TD was called back because of a quick whistle. Man, I hate when that happens. Gotta think they're trained to end the play quickly to prevent unnecessary hits, but I HATE when they blow it without knowing where the ball is.

It wouldn't be as bad if it wouldn't have already happened to us in Gate City.