gate city @ lee

Generalsfan5487

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJtJJ7T8UBQ

pause it at 0:15 , clearly not a towel.

I think what happens is the Union reciever drops the ball, then the 2 Lee players come in and the ball bounces off the one farthest from the camera(#6 or 8, I cant tell for sure) and back into the belly of the Union reciever. Then the other Lee player(#19) dives onto the lose ball. I dont think he was trying to knock the ball lose, it looks to me like he was trying to recover the ball.

Unless there was a shot from behind the fence, there is no way to conclusively say that ball was on the ground. If the scenario you suggest had happened, why did the official 15 feet away in front of the goal post signal TD as well? You had one official on each side of the WR (this video cuts out the one just to the left of the screen...that's who the WR tosses the ball to at the very end of the video) and both came to the same conclusion. Maybe that's why he's cut out because it hurts the case to see 2 refs signal TD. I notice the normal wide shot footage has been taken down on YouTube as well. Enough of the crying already.

Ball hits the ground, bounces back up and Lee's number 8 knocks it back into Union's reciever's hands with his knee.

That may be the case, in super slo motion. There is a reason the regular speed video isn't posted. At regular speed you couldn't tell anything one way or the other. Bullitt Park is a fine facility, but they don't a slow motion replay screen! I got an idea, let's have a collective hour long cry session for Lee so everyone can finally get past this..Lol

That may be the case, in super slo motion. There is a reason the regular speed video isn't posted. At regular speed you couldn't tell anything one way or the other. Bullitt Park is a fine facility, but they don't a slow motion replay screen! I got an idea, let's have a collective hour long cry session for Lee so everyone can finally get past this..Lol

To me Lee lost when they didn't covert the 4th and inches. Convert that and this is a non issue.

If Lee can play defense like they did in the 4th qtr against union then they have a good chance of a win tomorrow. They just cant get the lead and then start giving up big plays. They've always had trouble with finishing the games strong. I guess we will have to see how this turns out. Would love to watch it but the radio will have to do.

If Lee can play defense like they did in the 4th qtr against union then they have a good chance of a win tomorrow. They just cant get the lead and then start giving up big plays. They've always had trouble with finishing the games strong. I guess we will have to see how this turns out. Would love to watch it but the radio will have to do.

Lee choked in the 4th quarter with their defense. They gave up 95 yards in the last 2 minutes.

The Devils 35 The Generals 14 GC just not getting any love they will win the west sectional if they stay healthy.I have watched them play and watched them practice for 2 weeks that coaching staff has the best and toughest practice that I've ever seen.

I see Lee giving them a good game for the first half. Gate City wears them down in the second half. Not that Lee isn't good, because they are. It's just that Herron and Collier are tough to stop. Gate City's defense will be a lot to overcome.

Gate City 28, Lee 7. 

The call was absolutely horrible.  Refs should have standards in which they are graded upon.   Should a ref make too many questionable calls, their services should be terminated or moved to only 8th grade/jv games.

Refs make terrible calls all the time. From what I am told, refs were terrible for both teams last Friday. They are human and they make mistakes. I'm sure most refs would be terminated or moved to only 8th grade/JV. 

Refs make terrible calls all the time. From what I am told, refs were terrible for both teams last Friday. They are human and they make mistakes. I'm sure most refs would be terminated or moved to only 8th grade/JV.

If there were more people interested in officiating, that would be plausible..fact of the matter is that there aren't a great deal of people willing to do it. With all the scrutiny, who would blame them? Just the number of officials used every Friday in our little end of the state is sizeable...I know they piss us off every once in a while, but really we are fortunate to have a full staff of these guys at every game who are willing to do a job and endure the scrutiny that most people have no interest in doing. These guys have day jobs fellas...they don't officiate 24/7.

That was a great game! I listened to the whole thing and it must have been fun to watch. Both teams had their chances to score deep in the red zone and failed to do so but give credit to both defenses. Got to give Lee High head Coach credit for going for the win and I know your a hero if you make it and a zero if you don't but I liked the call myself.

I know its tough Lee fans but you guys have to have a great team and will be somebody teams will not want to face in the playoffs. Great game and good luck the rest of the season

As some have mentioned GC hardly ever plays good at Lee and this game was not an exception, inside the 10 three times and did not score, including a missed FG on the first possession. I felt GC shot themselves in the foot. With that said LEE is good folks! I was surprised by how good they were to be perfectly honest. The QB is phenomenal. He is a good passer and probably a better runner. The lines are stout and they really fought well, even having a chance to win on the 2 point conversion try. I saw them and Union, and I don't see how that game was even close from the two games I watched. I guess like all games it comes down to mismatches and Union may have had some they exploited. I fully expect the Generals to finish 8-2 and be a very tough out in the playoffs. All in all it was a good victory for the Devils and 13-12 is a win against a tough LEE General crew.

This game surprised me in so many ways. I'm still in shock. Lee actually shutting down #7 with the exception of a few big plays. Didn't expect that at all. Gate city is still the team to beat no doubt. And just like union, hope we see you guys again. ðŸ‘

THIS WAS A GREAT GAME LEE PLAYED GOOD AGAINST GATE CITY (A GREAT TEAM) VERY CLEAN GAME ON BOTH SIDES! WHAT HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SHOULD BE ABOUT! I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE SEEN LEE WIN BUT THE BETTER MORE PREPARED TEAM WON!

Great game. GC should have probably scored 3 more but fumbles are a problem with GC in every game. That said Lee looked good but knowing their past there was no way they were going to win. If you wait around long enough they will find a way to lose. The boys always play great but it's hard to overcome bad decisions by coaches. Lee messed up when they built the field house a quarter mile up a hill from the field. Worse than Appalachia. The devils defense is great however and unless the offense picks up their end a deep run will be difficult.