GATE CITY

HawkeyeDan

I have heard different about being slow. I just cant see them overall matching our speed.  I know Gate City is a Good Football team there tradition and track record proves it. I know that Gate City can win this game but I also know that we are not your typical # 7 seed team.

A home playoff game on Saturday at GC will bring out all the other local football fans too.  Tennessee Playoff games are on fridays nights and UT plays late saturday night so that will bring many locals out too who are just coming to see a good game.    The line will start early and the seats will fill up fast.    another thing no one mentioned was the rows of fans standing along the track.   I have seen it three deep and standing room only.    I have seen HS playoff games all across the the south and the atmosphere at Gate City is as much fun as I have ever been too.    I will be there ready for a good game.     Not going to get into "hows better them how" as that will be decided on the field.  Just hoping its a good hard fought game and the teams decided it.

Go Big Blue!!! 

I hope we have a crowd like that, everyone knew what to expect last week and it being 18 degrees kept a lot of the "older" folks away, and apparently a lot of the younger folks. I expect a little different atmosphere Saturday. GC with a win Tuesday against Luray will be in the Volleyball state final again Saturday so that will knock a few folks out of the crowd, but most will stay to watch the football game and not travel to Richmond.

I never said anything about overall speed. All I stated was Gate City had some speed also and that #7 may very well be the fastest on the field. He can run! You guys probably will be faster overall and I never said you wouldn't be. You stated your opinion and I stated mine.

Now the 4.2/4.3 forty is just out of this world if that's true and I'm not saying it isn't. If that is true you all have something that nobody else in the nation has! In the history of the NFL combine there has only been 8 players to ever be clocked in the 4.2"s. So that is very special and no way Gate City has that kind of speed.

I really hope that the crowd is as big as you say. It for sure be the biggest Crowd that the knights have ever played in front of.  I honestly don't know how many folks plan on making this trip to SWVA, but I know the ones that does will Loud and Proud.

4.2 speed means nothing in 4" of SW Virginia mud..lol

Even with clear skies and no chance of rain across the whole region I have heard of it storming in Gate City the night and morning before a game.......   local meteorologist can't even explain it.  

Hawkeye by the way I am a Richlands man not Gate City Blue. I just know the team pretty good and have all the respect in the world for them. I expect it to be a great game and a great atmosphere like I sated earlier. I do wish you guys safe travels and a great time. Once again welcome to the board and SWVA !