State semi scores/updates - 12/6/14

tbgfan

In regards to that Fulton game in the Tennessee 4A state championship....AHS lost a kid to Fulton because of dads work.  He's a great kid with a real football future. Starts at LG and DE for Fulton as a junior.  Gaston Strong #61.  Game is airing on WAPK if you guys have that channel.

Yes, great seasons for Honaker, Haysi and Richlands.  I just don't see Honaker having a strong season next year, it will be a big rebuilding year, but there will be some good players in place.  I expect Harley Hilton to be another great QB and will be starting as a Sophomore. 

As we know, Haysi will be joiining forces with Clintwood to form Ridgeview.  I'm sure they will be extremely tough in the 2A division.

Well, for Richlands, we know they will be back in the mix again.  Always seem to have new kids step up.

I guess it's time for the hardwood.  Thanks for a great football year on SWVA Sports!

Would like to say congrats to a good Richlands team and fan base! One heck or a tear for you guys. Was rooting for you all the way.....just can't have that many turnovers and pull out a win. Defense evidently played outstanding to give you a chance to still win the game in OT. Nothing for the Blues to hang their heads about though. And congrats to a solid season to Honaker and Haysi as well. Would have liked to see all of you guys in the championship.

And since I haven't been on in a while i haven't had the chance to mention it.......but as a GC fan I'll say this. .....I'd give anything to have Mance on our sidelines at GC as the HC. In the GC and Richlands and GC we were simply outcoached. Looked like peanut league vs collegiate strategy at times. Housey just made some awful calls at times in that game and definitely no adjustments. Not to take away from the boys in the pads for the Blues. ....they played an awesome game. But Mance just game planned us and made Housey look like a smoking pile.

But I digress.......til next year boys!! One hell of a season and am already ready for next year. For now, time to hit the hardwoods and shoot the rock!