Florida State Fans in SWVA/Southern WV

BHS03

I was guessing maybe 2 loss at the worst. Should be solid around mid-season. Mentioning QB play........LSU has had a rough drought at QB as of lately. I felt like they was national title caliber for the past 3 years...just didn't have a QB that could do anything at all. If they managed to scrape one up with Fournette at RB they will be hard to stop. That kid is special in the backfield and I think they have a whole stable of backs behind them.

ND had a few people to pick them to make it to the playoffs but I sure don't see it. I'm blinded by the barely average seasons....i don't buy into it until I'm proved otherwise. They have alot of returning starters but injuries usually end up plaguing them. I'm worried about QB play with Zaire and the secondary defending the pass as usual. Hopefully Charlie Strong won't have Texas back to their prime when they meet them first game of the season.

Another team I'm curious about this year is TCU....i don't think they lost hardly anyone. I wonder if this is the year that a team like TCU or Baylor can knock off the perennial power houses

I hate it didn't work out for Everett Golson at ND. His dad worked at a hotel I was staying at in Myrtle Beach. I met him the day that he found out Everett was going to be the starter his freshman year and he couldn't have been any more excited for his son. He was a real nice and humble guy which made me root for Everett that year ( until the NC game )

On papee TCU should be stacked against a weaker big 12. Boykin would be my preseason pick for Heisman.

Yea i wanted Everett to do well....he was a pretty classy kid. He was great when he was on....but when he was bad he just couldn't shake the monkey off his back. And i guess his biggest problem was holding on to the ball...too many turnovers. I was hoping to see him get to play on Sundays. From what I had heard he's like at best the 2nd or 3rd string QB at Florida State this year which I didn't expect with Winston gone. I had heard rumors Golson was going to LSU which I felt like would have been a good move for him....not sure what happened with that.

By the numbers TCU should be able to compete with the best teams in the country this year.....but that's something I need to see for myself. Just like with ND....on paper it seems they should but they just haven't been able to put it together. They wasnt anywhere near National Championship caliber in 2012 but they managed to luck up in a few games a fell into the NC game. And granted...had Oregon and Kansas St both not lost in the same weekend I think they would have faired well against either one of those teams.....but they was just outmatched in every position in that NC game against Bama.

The point im making, as did another individual on here, is that there's something that's a deciding factor for everyone that leads them to be a fan. Not everyone chooses a team due to their success. I could have counted the number of VT fans I knew on one hand when I was growing up in school. Then boom....suddenly out of the wood works there was a huge fan base around 1998, 1999, and 2000 all around me. But if them being successful for a few years is what drew kids to watching them and becoming fans of them then so be it..... as long as they remain fans then props to them. However, grown men that already had teams should cram their head in a hole and pull the world in around them for jumping ship.

And as for your question: I started watching football a couple years before basketball as a child. ....but I rooted for ND all the same in every sport. Not much to root for in basketball until as of lately but I still stay loyal to the university. Always ups and downs....more downs than ups for me since I started watching ND.

I wouldn't change who I root for no matter what university I graduated from. I went to school for an education...not for the right to root for a team

That's kind of my point though. Like the VT/UNC or WVU/Duke fans or whatever you were pretty much indoctrinated to be a Notre Dame fan by a single network and $. At the end of that day that is very unfortunate.

No actually at the end of the day im very fortunate that it happened that way....thats my point!! Im a part of an awesome fan base and get to enjoy a great University. Wouldn't change it for the world. I was able to see many other teams play on the other few channels I had but they didn't interest me in the slightest. Even as a kid I loved their history and what ND stood for. My uncle instilled the interest in me for ND.....and I took it to another level as I got older and could understand more about the game.

People always have some sort of ridiculous and completely idiotic comments when you don't root for the team they root for. If you cared as much about your team as you do about why I root for mine then in the end you wouldn't give a flying rats arss. Maybe your team is never televised or maybe they annually couldn't give Ray Charles stiff competition at a chess match.... maybe that's the thorn that's in your arse.

Answer me this...whats the reason for who you like?

You are a fan of the biggest bandwagon college football team in the nation. There are thousands of Notre Dame "fans" just like you who were indoctrinated because they were on NBC every Saturday.

When they win do you thump your chest and say, "Yeaaaa boys, Notre Dame baby! That's MY team. I'm not from there, I didn't go to school there, I'm not even Catholic but by God I watched them on tv when I was a kid."

Whether you like it or not, Notre Dame doesn't represent you and your reasoning for liking them is so far attached from what it means to truly be a fan of a school that represents you. Once again, it's very unfortunate.

Fools will be fools. Hell for all you know I may be Catholic haha Buying your right to be a fan by going to school somewhere. ...yes that seems real legit on what it means to be a TRUE fan. Let me just get on the line and drop a few thousand into the ND program....I guess ill be a true fan that way since I've already earned my degree and won't be going back to school there. Get a grip man....minus one fluke year no one has had anything to be a bandwagon fan about with ND for the past 25 years. It's not like they have reeled off a half dozen titles in 10 years like Bama. (not too far fetched) Not sure if you watch any football but they haven't won it since 88. I've dealt with the drought and still enjoyed every season. I don't have to be represented by anyone or any team...I'm very well established. I don't have to pull out the "I graduated from _____" card to get respect or to try to impress or to thump my chest. They do represent what I like in every aspect of the game. Some fan either pissed in your wheaties back when Moby was a minner or God forbid somewhere in the past 100 years ND may have beaten your beloved team who you don't even mention. People either love or hate ND...and you obviously hate them. Bitterness from other fan bases makes it even better come football time.

You sure your not the fella that poisoned those Oak trees at Toomers Corner down in Auburn? Sure seem like you might fit the bill...Alot of similarities!!

And Thomas, there's always people who hate certain Universities. Bama, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, ND...etc etc. All of them share the same common recipe for attracting such hate (myself included on half of those teams)...... SUCCESS at some point or another....OR just good ol fashion rivalry of course

Evil is that joker that sits at the throne in Michigan now. When that man smiles I see destruction for some reason. But maybe he will break up the monotony of Ohio State winning their conference every year by the time his 3rd year in Michigan rolls around.