Free Agency Frenzy

Ryan4VT

This is to discuss your teams free agency deals and players leaving. 

I'm loving this offseason for the Colts. We have lost Sergio Brown to the Jags it seems, and we didn't bring back Wayne. But it's looking like we are picking up Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, and Trent Cole today. Those help. We also signed Chris Carters son earlier this year. We also added Todd Herremans on the OL. 

That gives us Gore, Bradshaw (maybe), Ballard, and Herron as our backfield which is potent. Also, we have TY Hilton, Donte Moncrief, Andre Johnson (maybe), Duron Carter at the WR position. And then add in Allen and Fleenor at TE. That is a very potent offense with Luck there. 

On defense we let go of Francois. Also Redding is a free agent and is eyeing retirement. We look fine on OLB with Mathis, Werner, Walden, and Newsome. We released Landry as one safety, and Adams is a FA. So we need to solidify that position with Brown leaving. 

How is your team doing?

Dallas lost Murray (which is am completely fine with) and some other pieces.

I think the addition of McFadden will work out well for Dallas, they may draft a RB in the 3rd-4th round or just stick with who they have and hope Ryan Williams can stay healthy. Randle was the backup last season and averaged 6.7 ypc so they have guys who can play, and they are cheap. 

Defensively they have lost some players but i think they feel solid with the guys they drafted last year(ive got high hopes for Gardner) and im sure the draft will focus on the defensive side of the ball

The Colts have added some nice pieces.

It may now be impossible to get the Seahawks Offense off the field. That running game with play action game to Graham

It's gonna be real hard to get ours off the field too. Luck at QB. Hilton, Johnson, Moncrief, and Carter all at WR. Allen and Fleenor at TE. And now Gore at RB. How you gonna key on anyone?

Defenses wont be able to key on any one player. The only thing that will hold the Colts back is none of their players is a stud anymore; Gore was, Johnson was but both are not anymore. On one hand no one player can be keyed on but on the other they dont have a go-to guy. That and their OL isint a strong unit are the only things that will hold them back. Obviously, a lot of the Colts success will depend on how well Luck can tie all their pieces together

To me, Hilton is the go to guy. He will get a lot of double coverage, which will open up Johnson, Monçrief, and the TE on any given play.

Our line is actually not all that bad but we were down to praxtice squad linemen at the end of the year last year. We will be healthy to start the season. And we brought in a couple of new linemen to help sure it up.

Dallas lost Murray (which is am completely fine with) and some other pieces.

I think the addition of McFadden will work out well for Dallas, they may draft a RB in the 3rd-4th round or just stick with who they have and hope Ryan Williams can stay healthy. Randle was the backup last season and averaged 6.7 ypc so they have guys who can play, and they are cheap. 

Defensively they have lost some players but i think they feel solid with the guys they drafted last year(ive got high hopes for Gardner) and im sure the draft will focus on the defensive side of the ball

I was pretty bummed at first when they lost Murray, but then remembered that with the monster O line they have, they can stick just about any decent RB back there and get the best out of them. I think Randle and McFadden will do well.

Randle had a very good season considering his limited caries and McFadden, while he struggles in a Zone Blocking plays (which Dallas excels at), has a point to prove. He has underachieved thus far in his career, he knows it, the Cowboys know it, everyone knows it. The OL knows Murray got a ton of the credit last season when the truth is Murray didnt get touch for the first 4 yards on most of his runs.  McFadden + the Dallas OL +  (motivation x 2) = BIG season running the ball imo

Randle had a very good season considering his limited caries and McFadden, while he struggles in a Zone Blocking plays (which Dallas excels at), has a point to prove. He has underachieved thus far in his career, he knows it, the Cowboys know it, everyone knows it. The OL knows Murray got a ton of the credit last season when the truth is Murray didnt get touch for the first 4 yards on most of his runs.  McFadden + the Dallas OL +  (motivation x 2) = BIG season running the ball imo

I've got high hopes for Randle and McFadden and can't wait to see what they do, but I do feel like Jerry Jones will look at some RBs in the draft.

Imo, Dallas  will definitely take a RB in the 2nd-4th round. The Rookie and McFadden will split carries with Randle and Williams getting some carries. Idk if he is experienced or not but I would like to see Randle return kicks for the Cowboys this season, he needs to be on the field more and their return man left via free agency

Rumor is Dallas is negotiating with Greg Hardys agent. On the field I LOVE THE MOVE! Off the field, im undecided. I dont know all the details about his domestic abuse case.