Hillary Clinton

BHS03

If its between Trump and Clinton I would suggest that each of us write in someone. Chosing the lesser of two evils only serves to feed the political machine. It says "we can have whatever far right or left agenda we want and the people will still vote for us". Vote independent, vote for a moderate.

I feel like Trump will eventually say enough stupidity that will run on a 24-hour news cycle loop to take himself out of contention.  Someone with a heartbeat will eventually come along and the Democrats will drop Clinton on her ass.  

That is not to imply anyone else from either party would be a better alternative.

No candidate is good when they are working for "special interest" groups...the more money you give to a candidate they louder your voice is heard.  That isn't a Democracy...and we all get screwed because of it...

If I could wave the proverbial magic wand over the political landscape, I think it would look something like this:

Prez:  GMan -- we really need someone to wield the hammer in politics

VP:  BlueRazor -- probably the best person to try to keep the Prez from going overboard

Sec of State:  UVAO -- if you do not understand this selection, I got nothing for you

Senate Majority Leader: Me...just so I could continue irritating the Speaker of the House (Ryan). 

Of course, we would go on hiatus during the HS football season...

• 7 months later...

Coal Forum Demands Candidates Support Coal Industry

The West Virginia Coal Forum is calling on all presidential candidates to respect and protect the coal industry and the miners who have built this nation.

The Coal Forum is an organization representing business and labor in West Virginia’s coal industry.

As the public now should be abundantly aware, presidential candidate Hillary Clinton made it clear this week that she will continue the Obama Administration’s war on coal.

“We’re going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business,†Clinton said Sunday night while boasting about her clean energy program — and with a big smile on her face, according to media coverage of the event. The remarks were made during at a CNN town-hall event.

In West Virginia, with more 12,000 miners laid off, hundreds of mine closures and over 65 million tons of lost production, her threats are nothing to smile about. 

“At the West Virginia Coal Forum, we know it’s a tough time to be a coal miner. We’ve had it bad enough for the past seven years under the current administration. But when someone who wants to be a world leader states unequivocally her intention to put more of our proud miners and companies out of work, it’s time for the electorate to hit a giant pause button,†said Coal Forum Co-Chairman Chris Hamilton. 

Clinton told the crowd she planned to use $30 billion in taxpayer funds to retrain coal miners for other fields, but as several media outlets pointed out this week, she might be hard-pressed to find an industry she supports.

“But retrain for what?†the New York Post wrote March 14. “Name a single working-class industry that the modern Democratic Party actually favors. (And, no, “green jobs†don’t count: They exist almost exclusively in liberal rhetoric.)â€

The Coal Forum urges all presidential candidates to educate themselves about the reality of electric power generation and construction in the United States. 

“This nation cannot thrive without using coal for power and to make steel. That’s the plain and simple truth,†Hamilton said. “And the rest of the world knows it. Anyone who wants to be president of this great nation needs to stand up for coal and stand up for steel.â€

• 3 months later...

• 3 weeks later...