VAPreps had decided to segregate its boards based on "area code"...

GMan

Three posts in a row. Must've done sonething right to get someone who posts once every 8 months to stir crap up to make a year's worth of posts in one fell swoop.

But I won't know for sure.

Out of all the people who have come on this board throughout the last 12 years, only three have been so fully, constantly devoid of any value that I have put them on ignore. Guess who one of those is?

Hey Stu_Bean,

It's located on the corner of Railroad ave & Front Street.  Just as you go across the railroad crossing on front street,  it will be on the left on the corner.

Roma is not a bad place to eat at either,  but it seems to depend on what day your there.  I have went there one day and the food is fantastic and I have also been there and it was not quite as good,  but the Garlic Knotts with cheese are always GREAT !

Damn,  I think I just gained 10lbs reading this thread !

...........And despite his choking overuse of commas, he doesn't use an Oxford comma when he should. That frustrates me so deeply I cannot state it.

Such a haughty, unwarranted opinion of yourself. 

Hmmmmmmm..............

Three posts in a row. Must've done sonething right to get someone who posts once every 8 months to stir crap up to make a year's worth of posts in one fell swoop.

But I won't know for sure.

Out of all the people who have come on this board throughout the last 12 years, only three have been so fully, constantly devoid of any value that I have put them on ignore. Guess who one of those is?

You count my posts, provide analysis, then tell you me you ignore me.  Once again, Hmmmmmmmmmmm..................

Hey Stu_Bean,

It's located on the corner of Railroad ave & Front Street.  Just as you go across the railroad crossing on front street,  it will be on the left on the corner.

Roma is not a bad place to eat at either,  but it seems to depend on what day your there.  I have went there one day and the food is fantastic and I have also been there and it was not quite as good,  but the Garlic Knotts with cheese are always GREAT !

Damn,  I think I just gained 10lbs reading this thread !

Probably went by there just a few weeks ago and just didn't see it.  Trying to remember...if I'm right isn't that the same street as Becky's jewel box?

Roma I believe, is the sister of Portabella's in Bluefield,WV.  I know I love them.  Service can suck at times but the food never disappoints there.

My PB&J just wasn't the same that I ate for lunch after reading the last half of the thread!

Probably went by there just a few weeks ago and just didn't see it.  Trying to remember...if I'm right isn't that the same street as Becky's jewel box?

Roma I believe, is the sister of Portabella's in Bluefield,WV.  I know I love them.  Service can suck at times but the food never disappoints there.

My PB&J just wasn't the same that I ate for lunch after reading the last half of the thread!

Yeah. Same street as Beckys. 

Yea,  same street as Becky's.  It is just down at the end,  or I should say at the beginning of the street,  right on the corner.  Years ago it used to be the Rexall drug store.

Wait, did someone mention Portabella's?

I've got nothing to add about the VAPreps issue.  I do know that SWVA suffers from so many who think the state ends at Roanoke.  Heck, even when I consider Tazewell County SW Virginia, you can go an awful long way west from there.  I've been to Jonesville VA (Lee County) once to do some marketing for my company, and that is a long way.  To draw a parallel, being born in Bluefield, it's a place that so many north of Charleston don't care for.  Politically, the state seems to end at Beckley.

Now, back to Portabella's.  Yum.  Beautiful place in downtown Bluefield.  I love the food.  I've heard the service can be sketchy, but I've had good service the two times I ate in.  Got a pizza once to go.  

Not to steer the conversation back on track, but I see traveling as 3 different levels.

Level 1 is VA east of blacksberg

Level 2 is Swva

Level OVER 9000, is Thomas walker, Jesus Christ. 7 schools in other states actually closer than the first 1a school. Traveling as that school, you really have to know to occupy the kids on a bus.

Oh boy...VaPreps is invading this site!  Before long, you will have Hampton Roads 6 or one of those idiots from Riverheads following suit.  On second thought, I doubt they would last long though.  You need thick skin, a sense of humor and actual sports knowledge to be relevant on this site.

Oh boy...VaPreps is invading this site!  Before long, you will have Hampton Roads 6 or one of those idiots from Riverheads following suit.  On second thought, I doubt they would last long though.  You need thick skin, a sense of humor and actual sports knowledge to be relevant on this site.

200_s.gif

I have always been one to say put the money where the mouth is.  So let's see if someone here can give others of the state an insight of just what does go on around here.  In reference to others the state ends at Roanoke unless you are into college sports, then it stops at Blacksburg.

You know it's a shame that two "birds" aren't around here to give some insight on Abingdon.  They could really tell VaPreps how they have been neglected for way to long and that they are the real power house dominating all the teams in swva...

Rod my good man...because I have mellowed a bit, I will overlook one transgression.  But I am compelled to provide you with this admonishment (paraphrased from Haruki Mariyuma):

"...Think of me as an endangered animal.  It is best to observe me quietly and from far away.  If you try to talk to me or casually touch me, I may become agitated (or bored) and bite you". 

So should you chose to enter that arena, remember that "a Bearcat always pays his debt". 

Rod my good man...because I have mellowed a bit, I will overlook one transgression.  But I am compelled to provide you with this admonishment (paraphrased from Haruki Mariyuma):

"...Think of me as an endangered animal.  It is best to observe me quietly and from far away.  If you try to talk to me or casually touch me, I may become agitated (or bored) and bite you". 

So should you chose to enter that arena, remember that "a Bearcat always pays his debt". 

tumblr_m0hczuaPdD1qdqpur.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Meh, my email inbox indicated that several liked the changes.

Overall, it was probably a mistake. That's fine. I try to learn from mine, fix the problems and move forward. It's part of the process of getting better.

That's all anyone can ask for. You saw that your posters weren't digging the change, and you fixed it back.

Meh, my email inbox indicated that several liked the changes.

Overall, it was probably a mistake. That's fine. I try to learn from mine, fix the problems and move forward. It's part of the process of getting better.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...