High School Football on TV

redtiger

I watched Belfry v Tates Creek on This network(I have no idea what this channel is but its 99 on my Comcast cable. They are supposed to have some more East KY games today.

ESPN is doing their kickoff weekend thing. Football, football, football

DaMatha v Miami Central is on right now. All 4 of DaMathas 4 DL starters have D1 offers. Something like 16 players in the game have D1 offers, just insane

That was from WYMT out of Hazard, they have a game of the week that they broadcast every week.  The Sports Overtime segment they have used to be great, much better than anything over here.  I haven't seen it in a while so I don't know how good it still is.  Comcast took that Eastern KY CBS channel (WYMT/WKYT) off their lineup, claiming it was due to having two others on it (WJHL out of Johnson City and WDBJ out of Roanoke)...to those of us over here I always thought the Hazard station was more important for us o have than one out of Roanoke but like Comcast cared.  After some fighting with the Wise and other boards and Comcast, of course they've since added back, but in the "99" slot instead.

Belfry had over 500 yards rushing against Tates Creek. TC's QB had almost 300 yards passing. Belfry will have to tighten up the defense to make a another state title run because the spread has prevented them from having 6 or 7 state titles instead of the 4 they currently own. Coach Haywood for Belfry is closing in on 400 victories. I think he is at 390 victories and is 12th all-time in the nation.

For anyone interested in HS sports...Archer HS (6 yrs. old) and Peachtree Ridge HS (12 yrs. old) both Gwinnett Co. public schools  playing in 6A in GA  ( 2 of 23 public HS in the county) will be playing tonight at 7 p.m. on ESPNU.

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/news/2015/aug/27/archer-peachtree-ridge-prepare-for-espn-national/

No fewer than a combined 15 players who currently hold consensus ratings from recruiting services of three stars or above will take the field.

For anyone interested in HS sports...Archer HS (6 yrs. old) and Peachtree Ridge HS (12 yrs. old) both Gwinnett Co. public schools  playing in 6A in GA  ( 2 of 23 public HS in the county) will be playing tonight at 7 p.m. on ESPNU.

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/news/2015/aug/27/archer-peachtree-ridge-prepare-for-espn-national/

No fewer than a combined 15 players who currently hold consensus ratings from recruiting services of three stars or above will take the field.

All the schools in Gwinnett are huge.  Instead of consolidation like we see they split them off.  Peachtree Ridge was created to ease the load on Duluth HS (just a few miles to the west of PR).  I can't remember where Archer is...think the opposite side of I-85.  Even with all the schools, the school population at all the schools are enormous.  The county is probably somewhere between 900,000 and 1,000,000 people.  About half the size of the entire state of WV.  The talent is crazy.  My daughter's HS (Duluth) is not usually very good at FB.  Noted alumni are George Rogers and Brian McCann, though.

Oh yeah, one other thing.  Peachtree Ridge is out there where the "real" housewives live (well, I think one did, for a while), but also a lot of the area's professional athletes.  Wouldn't be surprised to see the sons of some pro ballplayers on their roster.

Replying to the above poster...yes, Gwinnett has grown tremendously...traffic is terrible!  I-85 is a nightmare during rush hour...the side roads are clogged and sadly, you accept this as a way of life in a large metro area.

GCPS is hovering around 173,000.  The school system was one of the main reasons for the rapid growth. They have been recognized nationally for their efforts by winning the Broad Award.

One of Gwinnett's 23 public high schools...does not offer sports and is ranked #4 nationally this year  by US News and World Report.  It is the Gwinnett School of Mathmatics, Science and Technology...opened in 2006. The school has a total of  34% economically disadvantaged, 78% minority enrollment and a College Readiness Index of 100%. (I saw in the news the other day one of Gwinnett STEM's graduates was recently elected president of his class at MIT)

To finish , yes, one of the 'HOA' (which I have never watched BTW ) does live in a gated community near Peachtree Ridge HS. 

Archer is on the other side of I-85 (built to take the overload from Grayson and Dacula) Also, the ESPNU broadcast did mention some of the players from the HS game having NFL fathers.

You mentioned George Rogers from Duluth HS played at South Carolina...yes, Gwinnett Co. has their own Heisman Trophy winner! :)

WYMT is apparently gonna carry a East KY game every friday night. Up this week, Pikeville v Paintsville @ 7:30. Should be an incredible game. Pikeville beat Paintsville pretty badly in the regular season but Paintsville pulled the upset in the playoffs. Ridgeview has Paintsville week 3 so im curious how this one turns out. Im pulling for Paintsville