Tennessee High @ Virginia High

thsvikings2004

VHS HAS a good coach.  However, beating THS on the gridiron has always been a tall task for the Bearcats.  I think it will be close for a while then THS pulls away late.  I do not usually hope that I am wrong but in this case, I hope I am wrong.

I have always enjoyed the V-T rivalry, even if it is typically one sided. Always a great atmosphere and cool seeing Bristol come together. I hate to miss it this year, but Christiansburg is calling my name. I think this will be a more competitive V-T game than the past few years, but THS pulls away late. 

No. 2 Tennessee High at No. 7 Virginia High

Last meeting: Tennessee High 51, Virginia High 20 (Sept. 12, 2014, in Bristol, Tenn.)

Excitement is always high around the Bristol border towns for the V-T clash, but compelling football action isn’t usually part of the equation in the mismatch between Class 5A Tennessee High and Class 2A Virginia High. … Virginia High (2-0) comes into the meeting undefeated for the first time since 2010, but it didn’t help the Bearcats much five years ago as Tennessee High claimed a 45-14 victory. … Tennessee High (2-1) has looked impressive in posting back-to-back triumphs over Sullivan South and Morristown East following a desultory season-opening setback against Dobyns-Bennett. … A victory tonight would give Tennessee High a winning streak of at least four games in the venerable series for the eighth time. Virginia High’s lone such run of success came with five straight wins over the Vikings from 1922-26. … While Virginia High has averaged 50 points per game in its wins over Tazewell and John Battle, look for the Tennessee High defense to be in lockdown mode tonight after giving up at least 20 points the past two seasons against the Bearcats.

Prediction: Tennessee High 49, Virginia High 7