Trump is a jerk

Carson is overwhelmed

Bush is awkward. 

Fiorina is impressive

Huckabee loves America 

Kasich is not a big time player

Cruz is a strange man

Rubio is solid but not a serious contender

Christie talks big but I really dont care about NJ and ive heard enough about 9/11 from him

Walker aint bad and hes got some fire to him

The candidates who need to be in the next debate imo are

Paul(my choice for PotUS

Trump(hes polling high and you have to move him on)

Fiorina (shes been impressive)

Carson (he just makes so much sense)

Walker (I just like him, not enough to vote for him but I want to hear what hes got to say)

Very good Tiger!

I just disagree with you on Paul.....I just can't get by his foreign policy views.

I really like Carson a lot but he needs to show more fire.....he is just to nice. Very smart though.

I like part of Trump but its just hard for me to get past his continued self inflicted troubles with women bashing and chest thumping.

I thought Christie had a very good night and is growing on me.

I really like Rubio a lot. I think he is getting better and more comfortable. I agree with a lot of his views.

I like Fiorina more every time I see her. I think she may really be ready for the big time. We will see

I agree with Tiger on Cruz.....something strange there, I just can't put a finger on it.

Bush just seems to stumble and get side tracked. Probably a good man that would do a good job in most cases.

Walker I like a lot and love what he has done. Hope he can stay in it.

Huckabee is probably our kind of guy. I liked most of his three responses he gave. Like Paul seemed like they really got left out of this one.

Santorum I really think would be a good President but just can't get any love. I agree with most of his views and just can't put a finger on why more people don't like him.

Right now I like in know particular order

Fiorina

Carson

Christie

Walker

Rubio

Very good Tiger!

I just disagree with you on Paul.....I just can't get by his foreign policy views.

I really like Carson a lot but he needs to show more fire.....he is just to nice. Very smart though.

I like part of Trump but its just hard for me to get past his continued self inflicted troubles with women bashing and chest thumping.

I thought Christie had a very good night and is growing on me.

I really like Rubio a lot. I think he is getting better and more comfortable. I agree with a lot of his views.

I like Fiorina more every time I see her. I think she may really be ready for the big time. We will see

I agree with Tiger on Cruz.....something strange there, I just can't put a finger on it.

Bush just seems to stumble and get side tracked. Probably a good man that would do a good job in most cases.

Walker I like a lot and love what he has done. Hope he can stay in it.

Huckabee is probably our kind of guy. I liked most of his three responses he gave. Like Paul seemed like they really got left out of this one.

Santorum I really think would be a good President but just can't get any love. I agree with most of his views and just can't put a finger on why more people don't like him.

Right now I like in know particular order

Fiorina

Carson

Christie

Walker

Rubio

I've said it for a long time now Santorum would be a good one 

They all spewed a lot of rhetorical fiction with a slight hint of factual base that was largely exaggerated.  They were all clowns in a very bad circus.

So who in your opinion on either side is saying and doing all the things you want?

1-  Rubio - I liked him before the debates and that hasn't diminished.  He isn't just stating facts when he speaks, but knows them and has a passion for the betterment of this country.

2 - Fiorina -  She is bold and not intimidated to be in the arena with the "big boys".  Again, very knowledgeable as Rubio and has a passionate drive. 

3 -  Christie -  Moved up on my list--wasn't afraid to step in the fray last night--I liked his answers, seems to be hawkish as well as Rubio and Fiorina.

4 -  Bush - He did well last night,  just not as assertive as he needs to be.  He has the pedigree of 41 and 43 but just doesn't have "the fire in his belly". 

5 -  Carson - A wonderful and Godly man, but  debating is not his thing.  He is a thinker and mulls over things before committing to them.  Good to a degree, but I am afraid he would be a continuation of our current administration, talk, pacify and hope tomorrow will be a better day.

I would rank Trump and Paul as my last choice.  Trump is charismatic, but NO SUBSTANCE.  Paul is knowledgeable, but is a DOVE and this world needs a leader who is strong and not afraid to lead.  Paul is definitely not that man.  Trump sees what he wants, buys it and then begins to remodel--in business that is ok, but not on the world stage, you have to be able to lead from day 1, not six months down the road.  Stupid may cut it in a board room, but not in the Oval office.

I wish Christie would shut up about 9/11.  Almost every response he has gets sidetracked back to the day his wife was on her way to work near the twin towers when they were hit.   It was 15 years ago and he wasnt the major political figure involved with the solutions of 9/11 so quit going on about it.

Trump is about done I believe but has lasted longer than I expected.  If they only sent 5 people to the next debate it should be Fiorina, Rubio, Bush, Carson and Trump at this moment.   I still think the smart move is Rubio or Bush  aligned with Kasich for VP although I like Fiorina more and more each time she holds court.

Im not an isolationist but the days of the United States patrolling the world are almost over. Thats just not worked. Post WWII has that strategy really worked in any situation? Imo we need to take a step back and Paul would move us in that direction. Im a Libertarian so of course im a Paul guy.

A great winning team would be 

Walker or Rubio(both have what it takes to be Pres. even if I like other candidates better)

Fiorina as VP

Paul as Sec of State

Carson as Health Sec

Put whoever isint Pres between Walker and Rubio in there somewhere.

Does that group not represent everyone in America?

So shouldn't we do our diligence and try our best to pick the best available person. I get sick of them also but one of them will more than likely be our next President. I don't think we have seen all the democrats that will run yet. Its still way early but I will continue to watch and listen to all of them. Even though I admit its hard to listen to some of them.

I understand your disgust with politicians and most of America feels the same way. I just want somebody that will lead the way to.....

1- smaller government

2- less regulation

3- get rid of the EPA ( replace it with people from both sides of the isle).

4- rip to shreads this pathetic deal with Iran.

5- lead from a position of strength and not from behind.

6- somebody to finally try and find compromise and get rid of the constant grid lock in Washington.

In my opinion if somebody could come along and do #6 they would be re elected in a land slide his or her second term.

I wish Christie would shut up about 9/11. Almost every response he has gets sidetracked back to the day his wife was on her way to work near the twin towers when they were hit. It was 15 years ago and he wasnt the major political figure involved with the solutions of 9/11 so quit going on about it.

Trump is about done I believe but has lasted longer than I expected. If they only sent 5 people to the next debate it should be Fiorina, Rubio, Bush, Carson and Trump at this moment. I still think the smart move is Rubio or Bush aligned with Kasich for VP although I like Fiorina more and more each time she holds court.

I predicted a Rubio/Kasich ticket after Debate #1. Will either be Rubio or Carson to lead the way.

So shouldn't we do our diligence and try our best to pick the best available person. I get sick of them also but one of them will more than likely be our next President. I don't think we have seen all the democrats that will run yet. Its still way early but I will continue to watch and listen to all of them. Even though I admit its hard to listen to some of them.

I understand your disgust with politicians and most of America feels the same way. I just want somebody that will lead the way to.....

1- smaller government

2- less regulation

3- get rid of the EPA ( replace it with people from both sides of the isle).

4- rip to shreads this pathetic deal with Iran.

5- lead from a position of strength and not from behind.

6- somebody to finally try and find compromise and get rid of the constant grid lock in Washington.

In my opinion if somebody could come along and do #6 they would be re elected in a land slide his or her second term.

I am not, nor will I ever be, content in choosing the least sorry of several sorry choices!  My grandfather always said "you can't polish a turd".  He would also say frequently, "the more an individual stirs in shit, the more that individual stinks"!

If enough people demand more from our elected officials, change will actually occur.  I fully realize this will never happen in my lifetime, but I am tired of getting pissed on and having DC tell me it's raining!

I wanted to like Christie but I cannot get past his position on gun control and that infamous sucking up to Obama on the Jersey shore. 

I still think Cruz and Carson are the sharpest knives in the drawer but am no longer sure that most are ready for brutal honesty and higher intellect. 

Rubio is not bad but I think he may have jumped the gun by a few years...but maybe he can appeal to the youth.  I saw a clip where he spoke at a college.  Most there were totally against him until he explained that the government machine is the reason uber taxis had been outlawed in that particular city.  The crowd turned and actually listened to him.  Not bad.

Bush is probably a very decent human being, a good leader, all that...but Trump hung that "low energy" tag around his neck and I doubt it can be shaken off.  And supporting Common Core?  From a small government guy?

I have liked Walker since day one.  Strong, principled guy.  But just has a dry persona.  I hope he can hang on until the field shrinks enough so his message can be heard and maybe a personality shows up.  I doubt he would change once he got to Washington.  He held his ground in the face of numerous attacks and challenges.  It worked so I think he would remain steadfast.   

Carly would be great at the top or as VP.  Can you image the media response if a male "hammers" Hillary during a debate?  The "war on women" message would become the rallying cry of the left.  However, Carly could/would best her on just about every category/topic. 

Trump is...well Trump.  He has been entertaining.  He has made the other candidates discuss things many would rather not engage.  But at the end of the day, I just do not think I want him at the helm.  We have a narcissist in the White House now and that has been just awful.

IMHO, any of these candidates would be exponentially better than Hillary, Sanders, Bidden or any other of those gomers. 

My wife, who obviously has great taste in men:), likes Rubio/Walker/Carson.  She REALLY likes Carly and suggested a Carly/Rubio ticket.  The more I think of that ticket, it would be hard to beat.

I am probably not as versed in politics as some on this forum given my growing disenfranchisement of the political landscape.  It seems most want to appear to be the candidate most similar to Ronald Reagan.  That seems ironic to me since everyone wants smaller government, less expenditures, and lower taxes.  Reagan increased our national debt 13.8% per year, on average, each of the eight years he was in office.  A greater percentage than the previous 39 presidents combined.  

A few of the issues I have...............

I have never considered myself to lean entirely left or right.  I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal, to put it in general terms.  I take each issue as it is presented to me, affects me and my family, and how it affects those I care about.  I don't think abortion is ethical and wouldn't consider it as an option personally but I don't want my government legislating it.  It far too important to be mishandled the way social services or healthcare has been, historically.

I don't consider myself to be religious, at all!  I was raised in church and have never bought into what they are selling.  Once I was old enough to make those decisions for myself, I made the decision best suited for me.  That is my choice and my absolute right as an American citizen.  Those who consider themselves "christian" have my complete respect.  I would never attempt to force my beliefs onto someone else.  However, I demand the same respect in return.  This often leads to my pissing someone off when they make every attempt to convince my of the "error of my ways".  Religion has no place in politics and I cannot understand how one party or another became associated with being the "christian" party.  Jimmy Carter may have been the most "christian" president we have ever had and he was a Democrat.  If a couple, regardless of sexual orientation, want to marry, I absolutely do NOT want my government legislating that.  It is nothing more than  binding contract between two consenting adults.  This batshit crazy lady in Kentucky was elected to serve the people.  All people!  Not just those of like-mindedness.  It is very ironic to me, she has been married four times to three different men.  Her children were conceived by a man she was not married to while being married to another man.  Her stance against marriage in general is a complete contradiction to her own life.  If she wants to infringe upon others civil liberties, she shouldn't be permitted to hold an elected office, any elected office.

Healthcare has been an atrocious mess well before "Obamacare".  It isn't Obama's fault our healthcare system is broken.  He hasn't done much to help the situation but neither has anyone else.  It is well beyond time to stop pointing fingers and start working together to fix these issues. 

Education, the single greatest thing we can pass down to our children, has been a train-wreck for decades.  It has become such an issue, students are having to weigh the cost of higher education versus the mountain of debt likely to be incurred attaining said education.  This practice can only work to lower the value of a college education while the cost of that education skyrockets.  We spend less and less every year on our public schools and more and more on being the "world's police".  This policy has "dumbed down" our society and made us the target of hatred around the world.  Someone said it earlier in this thread, the post World War "reconstruction" (I use that term loosely) era has played itself out and no longer works.  That's assuming it ever did!

Obama was uniquely qualified to be a transcendent president.  He failed miserably in living up to that potential but not for the reasons most people would argue, in my opinion.  But that is for another time.

I spent eight years in the military.  I respect the office of the presidency, without exception!  I may disagree with the personal politics of the person holding that office but I must respect the position.  We should all get back to that philosophy, especially Congress.  Our nation can only be strengthened by it.

Why are you trying to avoid calling yourself a left winger?  If that is who you are (and your comments seem to bear that out as true), own it! 

I will not attempt to engage all of your comments/stances, but there is one question I must ask.  There is a sitting judge who just happens to be a lesbian.  For the past three years, she has refused to perform marriage ceremonies/civil services for male-female couples.  That state ruled that as long as there were other options for the couples, the judge could refuse.  Why is that situation in Kentucky different?

Why are you trying to avoid calling yourself a left winger?  If that is who you are (and your comments seem to bear that out as true), own it! 

I will not attempt to engage all of your comments/stances, but there is one question I must ask.  There is a sitting judge who just happens to be a lesbian.  For the past three years, she has refused to perform marriage ceremonies/civil services for male-female couples.  That state ruled that as long as there were other options for the couples, the judge could refuse.  Why is that situation in Kentucky different?

I own who I am, without question, irregardless of the labels others place upon me.  In terms of fiscal responsibility, I lean much further right than you may imagine given some of my other stances.  Social services initiatives are broken beyond repair.  When an unmarried couple can "cheat the system" to the tune of $75k per year, it's time for change, dramatic change.  Google that storyline.

The situation in Kentucky is not different.  Ms. Parker, the judge you speak of in Texas, shouldn't be allowed to continue on the bench, in my opinion.  Neither should Mr. Hamic in Alabama who refuses to issue marriage licenses in general, gay or straight.  It shouldn't be any officials responsibility, elected or appointed, to interject his or her politics, religious beliefs and or moral compass onto another person.  Those in positions such as these shouldn't use their platform to gain attention either.  A judge is there to interpret the law, as presented to them, and come to a reasonable conclusion.  We have passed the exit to reason, however, in most areas of politics.  People have become so blinded to the issues, it has become personal.  My differing views on the world offends others to the point of taking it as a personal insult. 

Should restaurants be allowed to refuse service based on any of these beliefs?  What if this same question was being asked in terms of racial bias?

Edit to add, I fully believe if your religious beliefs cause you to hate others, you are doing it wrong!  At the same time, if a flag, any flag, causes you to hate others in any way, you are doing that wrong also.  I would add, that if a flag generates a response of hatred within yourself, the issue rests solely within yourself.  It isn't the person flying the confederate flag causing you to hate.  Nobody alive today in this country was ever enslaved in bondage.  Get over it!

My beliefs run the gamut of the political spectrum. 

I am probably not as versed in politics as some on this forum given my growing disenfranchisement of the political landscape.  It seems most want to appear to be the candidate most similar to Ronald Reagan.  That seems ironic to me since everyone wants smaller government, less expenditures, and lower taxes.  Reagan increased our national debt 13.8% per year, on average, each of the eight years he was in office.  A greater percentage than the previous 39 presidents combined.  

A few of the issues I have...............

I have never considered myself to lean entirely left or right.  I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal, to put it in general terms.  I take each issue as it is presented to me, affects me and my family, and how it affects those I care about.  I don't think abortion is ethical and wouldn't consider it as an option personally but I don't want my government legislating it.  It far too important to be mishandled the way social services or healthcare has been, historically.

I don't consider myself to be religious, at all!  I was raised in church and have never bought into what they are selling.  Once I was old enough to make those decisions for myself, I made the decision best suited for me.  That is my choice and my absolute right as an American citizen.  Those who consider themselves "christian" have my complete respect.  I would never attempt to force my beliefs onto someone else.  However, I demand the same respect in return.  This often leads to my pissing someone off when they make every attempt to convince my of the "error of my ways".  Religion has no place in politics and I cannot understand how one party or another became associated with being the "christian" party.  Jimmy Carter may have been the most "christian" president we have ever had and he was a Democrat.  If a couple, regardless of sexual orientation, want to marry, I absolutely do NOT want my government legislating that.  It is nothing more than  binding contract between two consenting adults.  This batshit crazy lady in Kentucky was elected to serve the people.  All people!  Not just those of like-mindedness.  It is very ironic to me, she has been married four times to three different men.  Her children were conceived by a man she was not married to while being married to another man.  Her stance against marriage in general is a complete contradiction to her own life.  If she wants to infringe upon others civil liberties, she shouldn't be permitted to hold an elected office, any elected office.

Healthcare has been an atrocious mess well before "Obamacare".  It isn't Obama's fault our healthcare system is broken.  He hasn't done much to help the situation but neither has anyone else.  It is well beyond time to stop pointing fingers and start working together to fix these issues. 

Education, the single greatest thing we can pass down to our children, has been a train-wreck for decades.  It has become such an issue, students are having to weigh the cost of higher education versus the mountain of debt likely to be incurred attaining said education.  This practice can only work to lower the value of a college education while the cost of that education skyrockets.  We spend less and less every year on our public schools and more and more on being the "world's police".  This policy has "dumbed down" our society and made us the target of hatred around the world.  Someone said it earlier in this thread, the post World War "reconstruction" (I use that term loosely) era has played itself out and no longer works.  That's assuming it ever did!

Obama was uniquely qualified to be a transcendent president.  He failed miserably in living up to that potential but not for the reasons most people would argue, in my opinion.  But that is for another time.

I spent eight years in the military.  I respect the office of the presidency, without exception!  I may disagree with the personal politics of the person holding that office but I must respect the position.  We should all get back to that philosophy, especially Congress.  Our nation can only be strengthened by it.

We are virtually opposites in the political spectrum (and religiously), but I have the utmost respect for how you have framed the issues and phrased the arguments.  I cannot help but agree that this problem will continue to grow, regardless of leader, unless we have a shift in attitude.  This isn't a sporting event.  We're dealing with the future of our country.  

We are virtually opposites in the political spectrum (and religiously), but I have the utmost respect for how you have framed the issues and phrased the arguments.  I cannot help but agree that this problem will continue to grow, regardless of leader, unless we have a shift in attitude.  This isn't a sporting event.  We're dealing with the future of our country.  

It is okay for us, as a society, to have opposing views on policy.  It is reprehensible for us, as a society, to refuse to work together toward sensible solutions and compromise. 

Lack of action is a choice within itself and often has longer lasting and farther reaching ramifications than poor choices!

I can't invest time in anything Trump, much less a 3 hour debate (cruise).

I used my Twitter feed to enjoy the pundits comments.   Even Jim GIlmore was live tweeting.  Far more entertaining and less painful.