Abingdon @ Richlands; SWD Title Game

V-Cats

Should be a good game!! but if Abingdon's defense shows up that played against Graham, they won't be able to stop Richlands. I think Richlands defense will be the difference in this one. Looking forward to the game! Should be entertaining to say the least

Abingdon is pretty good, especially on offense. I think Richlands D is definitely better. I would like to see this one, in my younger years, and under different circumstances I would haul my big butt up to Ernie to see this one. I kinda pull for Coach Reed and Colobro most of the time (please don't tell anyone I will never live it down) I think playing at home, and being a better all around team I will pick the Blue team... lol Richlands by 14

I didn't see Richlands play VHS but I did see that game last night and Abingdons a defense shut them down. Not to mention 36 points in the first half. The starters didn't play any 2nd half so I didn't stay for it. If they play like that against Richlands they have a real shot. But I would like to hear V Cats opinion since he has seen both teams in action.

I agree SWVA-football fan, the Blues haven't seen a passing game like the Falcons have

BUT

the Falcons haven't seen a defense like the Blues either.

My concern is when the Blues corners have the Falcons wideouts covered, (which I think they can), Sturgill tucking the ball and running for yardage.  Going to have to contain him in backfield.

Oh and my prediction:

Abingdon-44

Richlands-34

I think the birds will be jacked up for this game and their defense will hold Richlands when they need to. Richlands hasn't been against the passing game that Abingdon has either. Go falcons!

Unions passing game is nothing to snub. Gavin and Mitchell are two of the best WR this area has. And for the most part, we held their passing game in check.

I think Richlands secondary can cover the Falcons receivers enough. But can Abingdon cover Richlands?

This will be a fun game.

I agree SWVA-football fan, the Blues haven't seen a passing game like the Falcons have

BUT

the Falcons haven't seen a defense like the Blues either.

My concern is when the Blues corners have the Falcons wideouts covered (which I think they can) Sturgill tucking the ball and running for yardage. Going to have to contain him in backfield.

I think they can too. But not all the receivers well enough at once. Abingdon doesn't just have one or two good recievers. They have a lot and one of the most accurate QBs in swva. I mean the kid threw for 441yds and 5TDs in one half last night.(that is against VHS but still) 4 different recievers had 65+ yds each. I don't think they have the players they need to cover all of Abingdons recievers. I just hope the Falcons O-line can hold their ground long enough for Sturgill to make clean throws.

I'm so exited for this game though. It will be the toughest game for both teams so far. I'm worried that the amount of people we can fit into Ernie Hicks Stadium isn't going to be enough haha.

Good luck to both teams! I know you all will be working hard this week.

Gonna set some over/under numbers. Let's see how you guys take em:

Passing yards: 750

Passing attempts: 85

Over.

Under. -barely. Just because the coaches will try to mix thing up and do some running but it won't work for either team.

Under.

Oh and my prediction:

Abingdon-44

Richlands-34

I think the birds will be jacked up for this game and their defense will hold Richlands when they need to. Richlands hasn't been against the passing game that Abingdon has either. Go falcons!

Disagree. Union's passing game features four legit athletes that could go the distance at any time. The Falcons may have the better QB, but Union has better weapons. I think Richlands will be prepared for a spread passing game after facing Union, and while Gavin and Mitchell had an impact against Richlands, I think the Blues and their bruising runing game will be too much for Abingdon.

*Must note Richlands played Union without their best playmaker at WR, Noaks, but Richlands has seen one of the best passing teams in the area in Union, they will be prepared.

I think Richlands Defense will make or break us in this game. I think they can win if they play up to their potential. Holmes had three sacks in under a half last night. Addison had a sack and several tackles. Richlands defense is better, but Abingdon's offense is legit. Going to be an exciting game

Both teams can throw the ball all over the field and have several good to great WR's and QB's with great arms so it's going to come down to which team makes one more stop than the other,  and I like the Blues chances on that. 

SWVA_FootballFan worries about whether Richlands  has enough players to cover the Falcons receivers,  that is a good question,  but one that is equally good is whether the Falcons will have enough players to cover all the Richlands receivers,  so,  both teams are going to move the ball and score and it will come down to which D makes a stop and I think the Blues D is the better D right now and all they have to do is make 1 more stop than the falcons do and I think they will.  I like the chances of our front 7 putting pressure on the falcons excellent QB and allowing us to make that ONE more stop that we need to win the game !

Plus, having Howie and Atkinson to return kicks is a plus as either one can bust a punt  ( probably wont be many of those ) or a kickoff  ( probably will be a lot of those )  for a score or at least give good field position !

This is going to be a playoff type of atmosphere and a high scoring game........fun, fun fun.......can't wait to watch it ! 

The best way to stop an offense is to keep them on the sidelines. I think there will be plenty of passing in this game but something not mentioned is who has the best running game. Because of the similar potential in the air I think who ever runs it better will win....outside of turnovers/major mistakes. Obviously defense will dictate a lot of game flow so if a team is running well and sustaining drives then the other O is on the sideline. Jmo.

After Blacksburg it sounded like Abingdon worked on their run game in the Graham game. No doubt the coach and old coach are increasing the balance and ability to spread. Would like to be a fly inside both of these locker rooms, you have to know this is going to be like a major chess battle and  the planning is pretty intense right about now. I'm glad the game will be played at Ernie.  Last year them birds started out blitzing pretty hard, have to think that game from last year is stuck in the mind of everbody from Richlands.  Going to be a great game, tell one tell all 12th man is needed, them birds are coming to Ernie and they are undefeated.