Graham @ Union

BigWinners

The next leg of the state title chase next week will see the G-Men of Graham travel to Union to take on the Bears.

I don't know much about Graham, other than their impressive victory last night. Are they a pass-first team or more of a smash mouth running team? Do they have a lot of team speed? Any big athletes that can really run to match up with Union's talent on the outside?

What players should I look out for next Friday?

The game will be played next Friday, November 20th, at 7 PM.

Their running back is a stud. Transfer from Florida or North Carolina. Do not give him any open space. He just has the build of a really great running back. They also have a really fast wide receiver. He's not that tall but if he gets a step on you he won't be caught.

Union has done a very good job all year of corralling great runners, but I don't know how good the runner is and if he is elite, it will be a very tough test for the Union defensive line and linebackers. But that is the heart of the defense, the front seven with Noaks coming in from safety to clean up.

Union has some pretty fast guys as well, it will be interesting to see such a fast wideout battling Noaks, one of if not the fastest Union player, on deep routes. 

C'mon now, you guys know Union's going to crush Graham.  I mean you guys beat Richlands and they beat Graham 49-7 in a game that wasn't THAT close.

Graham's got nothing for the Bears...

C'mon now, you guys know Union's going to crush Graham.  I mean you guys beat Richlands and they beat Graham 49-7 in a game that wasn't THAT close.

I do not believe that for one second, and I would wager that no one in Big Stone believes that. From all indications, Graham has improved every game this year and to go on the road and beat a higher seeded playoff team is an impressive feat. I almost guarantee that Turner and Co. are not overlooking Graham in the slightest. 

The next leg of the state title chase next week will see the G-Men of Graham travel to Union to take on the Bears.

I don't know much about Graham, other than their impressive victory last night. Are they a pass-first team or more of a smash mouth running team? Do they have a lot of team speed? Any big athletes that can really run to match up with Union's talent on the outside?

What players should I look out for next Friday?

Is the game definitely friday, didn't think that would be decided already

The game will be played next Friday, November 20th, at 7 PM.

GMan doesn't blow smoke up your arse... if you pay attention through the years, he doesn't say anyone is good if they are not.

I saw and heard the same response from him before the GC/Graham game. I will go with his take and comparative scores. Union rolls on to the next round without too much trouble.

Union played very well against Gretna; and appears to be improving. 10 for 11 passing, no turnovers,and they dominated the line play. The Bears led 42 -0 in the second quarter. The Bears will be a rough challenge for the G-men but I'd like to see a competitive game. The receiving corp for Union is really special; they are all big and fast but also they block and play hard,

Quite frankly, I wanted James River because I knew what Graham was capable of. I'll know after the first series, offense or defense, if Union came to play. They definitely did against Gretna. I just hope the Bears can bring that same intensity Friday night.

If Graham really is as susceptible to physical line play like others on here have said then we'll be fine. I'm just worried about the athletes in space part because Collier and McClung ran wild for 3 quarters before the D finally shut them down.

The Gmen aren't going to go down as easily as some keep saying.  Their running back is a straight up STUD.  He is the real deal and if anyone says different they don't know football.  They also have speed on the outside and some good size on both interior lines.  My advice for Union is do not take Graham lightly.  They have improved week in and week out all season long.  Don't let Richlands and Abingdon putting big numbers up against them fool you.  They are a solid team.  Someone already stated that they were a dark horse to make some noise in the playoffs.  Should be a good game between the Bears and G-men.  Union may finally get teasted in the playoffs.

I like what I heard a friend say about Graham.  They are the wild card because they have talent and potential.

Since they haven't realized it yet, they could lose by 40 (Richlands) or win (James River).