Lee County?

falconfan1

Losing Williams in the preseason was a huge blow to TW last year.  From a distance l he seemed like the leader of TW teams, and played a huge part on both sides of the ball.

That he did. Shawn Williams was a very tough kid to be his size, it was a shock to the team and when Pittman went down in the 5th game  it looked like TW was done for but Ayers, Nelson and several young players dug deep and won 2 of the last 3 giving J. I. Burton fit's in the last game. The Defense took big steps in those games and was what made the different in the team.

Ayers is a liability as a coach.

1-9 2-8 this season

0-10 next 3 once rye cove and hancock get up and runnin

He was a puppet when he was under Lee, his ability to coach is not there.

I hope and pray that I am wrong, I really really want to be, for the kids and the team.

As I said above the Defense played great at the end of the season. With 8 starters returning on D it will be the strength of the team to start the season off but unlike Coomer, Coach Ayers Will play his best 11 on the field. Coomer coached like TW had 50 players and he only played about 5 kids both ways, thinking he could avoid injuries which as stated above did not work out.

As for Ayers being a puppet or liability then you have know idea about TW football. Brain Lee was the liability and if he did not have the coaching staff that he did he would not have won 3 CDC in a row nor the games that he won. Ayers is the first coach since Neil Johnson that has the ability to make TW respectable again, he will have mostly the same staff that was there when he left other then Lee. Thomas walker will be bigger, stronger and faster that last season and it will be a glimpse of things to come. No I do not see TW being world beaters this season they are to young but with the same schedule as last season and staying healthy then 4-6 or 5-5 is very possible but regardless of their record when they lose games they should win it will not be because the Coach lost it for them like Coomer did way to many times in his three yrs. I do agree with you on one thing, Rye Cove could be very good in a few yrs. Coach Toney is what they needed but as much as I would like to see Handcock improve it will not happen until they have a coach change.

Hancock just had a coach change, and they have some money finally backing them.

Ayres will suffer from low turn out and before it's all said and done his job will be in jeopardy before he has to step down.

He has 28-30 atm but like most coaches before him, he is unable to get all the talent to tryout. This year is a wash for him, we will see what the future holds.

Edit: With Tim Johnson as his oc, they will suffer from predictability much like Lee high did. He lost 2 winnable game on play calling alone. Now if they switch to something besides a spread-t with base blocking I'll be happy

Glad to here that Handcock got a new coach, Just like TW they have had a very good little league system that just did not translate to High School. Hope that changes.

TW will once again be around 30 give or take. There little league is the best is has been but a lot of the kids would not play for Coomer or some coaches on his staff. There Middle School team has improved with numbers and has been having 10 or more 8th graders for the last 3 seasons but again all would not play on varsity. A lot of those kids will come out now and with such a small Sr. class TW could field 40 or some next season and the middle school will be a heavy 8th grade team with close to 15. Not all will play varsity but with the little league set up the way it is there should be 10 or so in every class for sometime to come and the talent and size.

Tim Johnson is a great OC and will have to change thinks up at TW due to players ability and youth but they will have more size then ANY other TW team.

Yes I could be looking with blinders on, I have watched and played for TW from day one of the program. The kids are working harder then ever and the weight room numbers are more then most past teams that TW has fielded so as a fan and talking to others in the community  the air is field with hope. TW will lose games but they will not be pushed around and intimidated as in the past. Big things are coming just set back watch and enjoy or envy witch ever may be the case.

Now about lee High, they are the one that got the bad end of the stick. Terry done a great job and would have continued too. Coach Martin had a great staff and the only man standing is Pendergraft.

I think Jeremy can do a good job but it took Lee back about 3 steps. Just Hope they can stay on the level they were at. 

• 3 weeks later...

Mr. Brickey was a pretty fair person as a principal to people, but he generally isnt of the mind of letting people push him around.

• 2 weeks later...