Graham vs Dan River

RiverRat24

Apparently Workman steals the ball, gets halfway down the court...ref decides to blow the whistle and call him for the foul.  

Martin the only person able to hit any shots for Graham......

Workman fouls out just moments later.....

DR up by about 18.... Carlock clears bench and puts in subs.

Graham had a good press I felt. It was close at halftime. If they would have hit their shots would have been a tight game...If they don't hold their heads up after tonight , GC will win by 20. Home crowd is loud for GC.. 

I think Graham and GC will be a close game tomorrow. Im not really sure how either team will come out after the losses today....takes a little luster off the game. Hopefully both teams will still come to play and put on a good show.

I think Graham and GC will be a close game tomorrow. Im not really sure how either team will come out after the losses today....takes a little luster off the game. Hopefully both teams will still come to play and put on a good show.

Gate City should come out with much more confidence ...knowing they had Martinsville in a slug-fest..made their last free throw it would have been overtime. Momentum was in GC favor.. 

Very true....."ifs" and "buts" won't win it though. Collier missed the FT at the end but played well beyond what he normally does anyhow which kept us in the game. We missed 6 other FTs besides his final one so if the other guys had made there's it wouldn't have fell on his shoulders. MHS shot less than 50% from the FT line too....so lots of factors could have changed the outcome of the game. Collier was open all night under the bucket behind the zone and no one seemed to really get him the ball. Scored most of his points off of put-backs.

I'd love to see GC manage to make it and get another shot at Martinsville. This was one of the best games I've seen all year. MHS is a great team with all kinds of athletes....but they aren't nearly as dominant as I expected them to be against us. Now the question is.....just how good is George Mason and Bluestone?? I feel like GC and Graham both will be able to compete and gives these teams a game.

Bluestone is not a state caliber team IMHO.  But I like George Mason to win the State.  Too deep, too well coach to not win.  Only disappointment is that their fans are pathetic.  They may literally bring 20-30 fans and those are all relatives of players.

Thanks to futbolking and UVA fan for the mention of Graham's Wrestling Team in their posts.  Wrestling is a sport that gets very little recognition and at best is an afterthought during the winter sports season.  The G-Men Wrestlers have done very well at the 2A State Tournament over the past three years.  2014: 5th Place Team - Dylan Cook State Champion, Kyshon Lee 3rd, Hunter Cook 4th, & Jon Jennings 4th.  2015: 4th Place Team - Dylan Cook State Champion, Kyshon Lee 2nd, Jacob Lester 2nd.  2016: 5th Place Team - Jacob Lester State Champion, Alex Hicks 3rd, Tristen Evans 4th, Mason Raley 4th, Tracy Hagerman 6th.  Over the last thirty years 65 Graham Wrestlers have qualified for the State Tournament and 20 have placed in the Top Eight.

Good Luck to the Basketball Team as they play Gate City today!!!!!

"Gate City should come out with much more confidence ...knowing they had Martinsville in a slug-fest..made their last free throw it would have been overtime. Momentum was in GC favor."

I see it going the completely opposite way, but I sure hope I am wrong. 

All teams have bad games where on any given night almost any team could beat them. Graham can chalk up yesterday's game as one of those fluke, bad games. They now have it out of their system, and have something to prove today. 

GC played a pretty great game (except for the stretch MHS went on a 12-0 run), fought tooth & nail, and still lost. Got to be down. Don't have much to prove. Went toe-to-toe with the defending state champ and the state's #1 ranked AA team. Will be much harder to get motivated today.