Conference Track Results?

Anybody got this information.

I heard that Graham had 2 make it to state in the 100m.  Paris Ballard edged out Taymon Cooke.   Also hear that the 4 x 100m relay team made the state tourney and Jamorya cousin made state in the long jump.  Anybody have any results.  I'm sure the Bluefield Daily Telegraph will have absolutely nothing about this....... if it were Bluefield High, we'd know every detail.

The following folks qualified for states for Graham

100m:  Paris Ballard  (Finished 6th)..... impressive... Could Ballard be the fastest kid on Graham's football team?.... he beat Taymon Cooke head to head in their heat... by a few yards... Cooke was leading for about the first 60 yards...

Long jump:  Jamorya Cousin (Finished 4th)

3200 M (girls) :  Kristen Compton (2nd place)

4 x 100 m relay (boys) ..(6th place).... edged out Martinsville by 1/100th of a second to make it to states

Not too shabby..... maybe not as impressive as the regional results for Bluefield... HOWEVER, if you look at the numbers... the boys from Bluefield would not have fared as well in the VA regionals.  Here is the direct link to the 2A results.  

http://va.milesplit.com/meets/243948/results/454456/formatted#.V0dzoJErLIU

Maybe WVVA can make the one hour trip to Radford to show some footage next week.... there are several area athletes in the mix from Graham / Giles etc.....

What am I thinking????  WVVA wouldn't make a one hour road trip to show Graham Hilights.... they have to make a 4 hour road trip to the far regions of WV to show hilights of baseball and softball.

• 2 weeks later...

Paris Ballard ran an impressive 11.18 in the 100m.  Not sure how the others fared.  Placed 4th in the preliminaries.  Wish him luck tomorrow in the finals

Jamorya Cousin placed 3rd in the state in the long jump.  Will update with any other results I get.