any truth that Honaker considering not playing the benefit game

HB Burke

I don't know why he left. I won't act like I know, I was just playing around with UVAO and playing up what he was going off of. That said, I do know that he has moved into our county and into the area that feeds into Richlands. I won't say where for th privacy of the kid. So everything is good from the VHSL standpoint. He's a Blue Tornado now.

The more tax payers in the county, the merrier....

I believe Mance is the one that shouldn't want to play the benefit game. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like every year Richlands loses a starter for the season due to injury in the benefit game.

That is very much a real thing.

The Richlands attendance zone extends from Big Creek to Swords Creek.....   They have been annexed, again we need the tax revenue.

Hey..... those of us who have been around will need to get our annual "pre-season" jabs in before it's too late.  It seems to be a regular thing on here each year.  

Kids transfer from schools every year , that is a fact of life you must learn to except or be pissed off all the time. With the demographics of Virginia changing a State champion from our end of Virginia is going to become as rare as it is from Northeast Tn. I'm not expecting a champion this year from S.W. Va. ( I hope some schools can prove me wrong and I'll gladly eat that crow) this season and to transfer just for a shot at a title is a little selfish, but you are dealing with 16 & 17 year old kids and parents that give them anything they want. With that being said if they transfer within the rules the adults have to make the decision to act like an adult or behave worse that the kid that left. Be a adult and just realize times are different now. 

FOOTBALL SEASON IS NEARING

The Blues haters have come out of their den of hibernation

The G-Men are prancing, Cousin is dancing

The Bulldogs are still in their house,  "is this the year, is this the year?"

The Tigers are growling, their meat locker has been raided

The Bears are still in BSG, are they still in Union?

The Gate City Blue Devils, will their  train horn have an awesome year, or "a devil of a year?"

Oh my, oh my what will the season bring--

This "ole soul" can't predict, but hoping my Blues will click!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

The Richlands attendance zone extends from Big Creek to Swords Creek.....   They have been annexed, again we need the tax revenue.

Hey..... those of us who have been around will need to get our annual "pre-season" jabs in before it's too late.  It seems to be a regular thing on here each year.  

No part of Swords Creek has been annexed by Richlands. Towns aren't allowed to cross county lines. Now, there are sort of isolated little "exclaves" of Russell Co inside of Tazewell county in West Raven and Daw that are only accessible from Tazewell Co. Some parents from Mill Creek, Maple Gap, and Horton Ridge in Russell Co. also send their kids to school in Tazewell Co instead of Russell County and I would assume some parents in Russell Co around SVCC send their kids to school in Richalands instead of Lebanon.

No part of Swords Creek has been annexed by Richlands. Towns aren't allowed to cross county lines. Now, there are sort of isolated little "exclaves" of Russell Co inside of Tazewell county in West Raven and Daw that are only accessible from Tazewell Co. Some parents from Mill Creek, Maple Gap, and Horton Ridge in Russell Co. also send their kids to school in Tazewell Co instead of Russell County and I would assume some parents in Russell Co around SVCC send their kids to school in Richalands instead of Lebanon.

It was called sarcasm...you missed it...

Kid from Honaker should have moved to Abingdon this year.  The Falcons have the best shot at winning the state title from our area.

Abingdon is going to have a great season. I agree 100% with that. However, Richlands will have the best offense in SWVA possibly the entire state if they can get the RB situation lined out. Richlands D is the question at the moment. Will find out tomorrow as they face Belfry, KY, Pulaski, and George Wythe. 

The Falcons' defensive should be very strong, especially up front.   The Falcons also have a very good running back in Fulton.  Oh by the way, they will also get in the straight T some this year.  I don't think the Tornado will ever go under center. (personally, I think this has cost the Tornado more than one state title)

I don' t disagree at all with Richlands having a great offense and possibly one of the best in the state. However, I will take a balanced offense and a stout defensive unit any day of the week.

Agreed! Watched some the other day. I like the new defensive and the adjustments the coaching staff has made to adapt. Very fast secondary, and some surprisingly good line backer play.

And a downright nasty line. Once they gel, they have a chance to be at a level consistent of our best teams.