Tazewell @ Grayson County

Bulldogs52

Grayson is pass first and have all but abandoned the running game in recent years.  They had 336 yards passing and only 17 yards rushing against Carroll last week.  Seth Phillips had 232 yards receiving and 3 TD receptions.  He will play at the next level.  

I do believe Tazewell will win but they better be ready to defend down field.

Grayson looked down right abysmal in the jamboree at Norton. Unless they have improved tremendously, I don't see them winning this game.

From what I was told by some parents I grew up playing with, the coaching staff decided not to play "starters" during the preseason scrimmages because they only had 36 total players come out for football jv-varsity combined.

Take it for what it's worth but they may not be quite as bad as they showed in the preseason.  Still wont be very good though.  They struggled to beat a Carroll team that may not win a game all season.

From what I was told by some parents I grew up playing with, the coaching staff decided not to play "starters" during the preseason scrimmages because they only had 36 total players come out for football jv-varsity combined.

Take it for what it's worth but they may not be quite as bad as they showed in the preseason.  Still wont be very good though.  They struggled to beat a Carroll team that may not win a game all season.

For their sake, I hope that's true. I definitely don't know their kids or who the 1st string players are. Just know they looked really bad.

There is a small lot behind the end zone and a little bit of parking at the school the last I recall. Been a few years. Field is directly beside the school. Don't think it should be an issue. They usually don't have really large crowds.

There is a small lot behind the end zone and a little bit of parking at the school the last I recall. Been a few years. Field is directly beside the school. Don't think it should be an issue. They usually don't have really large crowds.

Now the important question...any must eat places around there?

Now the important question...any must eat places around there?

There is an Italian/Pizzeria just up the street from the school, they have a good philly cheese steak Stromboli.

Ciro's.  Otherwise, eat in Galax on the way into Independence.

Anybody have any advice for parking or such for someone that has never been to Grayson Co?

Food City / Grayson National Bank parking lot is another option.  Nothing really fills up completely.  You wont have any issues finding parking.

If you are hungry and you have time, stop in downtown Galax at The Galax Smokehouse.  It is on a corner at one of the main intersections downtown.  They have fantastic BBQ and all the fixins.  I try to visit there every time I travel to that area. 

I haven't posted in a few years, so I'm not sure how this will attach. 

Enjoy the food and Go Bulldogs!

If you are hungry and you have time, stop in downtown Galax at The Galax Smokehouse. It is on a corner at one of the main intersections downtown. They have fantastic BBQ and all the fixins. I try to visit there every time I travel to that area.

I haven't posted in a few years, so I'm not sure how this will attach.

Enjoy the food and Go Bulldogs!

Been there and love that place. Mcd's on the way down 21 will have to do

Grayson is pass first and have all but abandoned the running game in recent years.  They had 336 yards passing and only 17 yards rushing against Carroll last week.  Seth Phillips had 232 yards receiving and 3 TD receptions.  He will play at the next level.  

I do believe Tazewell will win but they better be ready to defend down field.

I nailed this one!  Grayson nearly tripled their season rushing totals for both carries and yards and only attempted 13 passes.