FB Score Updates Week 3 9/8 and 9/9-2016

trublue

This is the difference in a team knowing how to win and a team hoping it would. Congrats, Richlands. Hope we can play double or nothing in the playoffs.

Great job to both teams. I think this post sums up the small difference. Good luck the rest of the way, and pray both get or sray healthy the rest of the way.

Here we go...

If you can explain to me how a player standing straight up who fumbles the football, and it is recovered by the other team, then given back to the team that fumbled I'd love to hear you out When two refs pointed Graham ball btw I might add

Graham has an even better team than I thought. Just needs to get everything clicking for the whole game. You guys will win a bunch and maybe the rest of them. Wish you guys the best and maybe we meet again before the years out.

If you can explain to me how a player standing straight up who fumbles the football, and it is recovered by the other team, then given back to the team that fumbled I'd love to hear you out When two refs pointed Graham ball btw I might add

I was there and the official blew his whistle ending the play. Clearly it was a mistake to blow the ball dead but once that is done, right or wrong, the play is over.

Bad calls by the refs happen every game! Just ask the losing team. Fact of the matter is this....if Graham hadn't blown a 21 point lead, we would probably have never heard about the refs or a fumble!

On the bright side keep your heads up Graham, though you didn't win you proved yourself worthy to the entire football community in Southwest Virginia. There is a lot of good things to look forward to for this G-Men team in the future and I hope we get another shot at Richlands with a different outcome!

To Richlands players, way to not give up and keep on pushing throughout the game, it's very easy to do when down that big, that early on in the game! That being said I don't believe that they can afford to continue to fight back from being down every game and expect to get far.

Hats off to both teams they made the rivalry relevant again! GO G-MEN!!!!

They called an aiding the runner flag on a first down. Union pushed the ball carrier all night last week and never a flag. Wow.

This was a good call. Clearly aiding the runner. Clearly not called enough so I give the official props for making this call. It was the right call and it took guts.

Radio announcers said Cousin punched Asbury at the end of run drawing a flag. That's where the ejection comment came from earlier.

This is totally fiction. Number 29 for Graham hit him high and hit him hard before the whistle. Only call could have been launching if there is one in high school. Otherwise it was clean.

This was a good call. Clearly aiding the runner. Clearly not called enough so I give the official props for making this call. It was the right call and it took guts.

So, a guy not getting a flag last week means no flag this week?

I was there and the official blew his whistle ending the play. Clearly it was a mistake to blow the ball dead but once that is done, right or wrong, the play is over.

This. You could clearly hear the whistle before the ball was ever out. Right or wrong, that was what happened and it's over there.

Don't bring this game down with ref talk. One play doesn't win or lose a game. Richlands didn't score when they had the ball on the fumble drive. Graham didn't score when we punted it back.

This was a great game. Don't drag it down please.

So, a guy not getting a flag last week means no flag this week?

I know it's a legit flag, I've just NEVER seen it called once in high school football. If it was called consistently, Union would have gotten a lot of flags last week.

Congratulations to Richlands.  Graham had plenty of chances to win this game.  Some penalties in crucial situations.  Some questionable play calling.  Why would you kick it short nearly EVERY time and give Richlands field position with the speed you have on special teams?  Two dropped balls that would have went for TD's.  The big run by Cousin that got called back.  A couple of bone headed penalties (one that was bogus on Vineyard, it was a clean hit).  I could go on.... but the bottom line is that Richlands remained poised and Graham did not and that is why they lost.  Hopefully they learn from this and will have the chance for redemption later in the season.  Looks like the West has some good teams afterall.

I know it's a legit flag, I've just NEVER seen it called once in high school football. If it was called consistently, Union would have gotten a lot of flags last week.

I've seen it called at least a dozen times....but I'm probably twice your age.... It was a good call.  

This. You could clearly hear the whistle before the ball was ever out. Right or wrong, that was what happened and it's over there.

Don't bring this game down with ref talk. One play doesn't win or lose a game. Richlands didn't score when they had the ball on the fumble drive. Graham didn't score when we punted it back.

The ref blew the whistle too early and cost Graham a turnover, nothing you can do for an incompetet official, just have to deal with it.

I've seen it called at least a dozen times....but I'm probably twice your age.... It was a good call.

For that to be true, you need to be 52 lol. I know it was the right call, just baffled that they called it. Never seen it.

Here is why Graham lost and Richlands won.

1) When the early whistle on the fumble happened Graham cried about it, pouted and argued. Richlands saw this and went right for the throat with the TD pass on the next play to Howie.

2) Richlands kept getting the ball to their best athletes, Graham didn't. Cousin may have had 10 carries.

3) Richlands made adjustments at half, Graham didn't.

For that to be true, you need to be 52 lol. I know it was the right call, just baffled that they called it. Never seen it.

close to it...  I like it when they call it, for or against my team.  I've seen it let go far too often, too.  Anyway, I think Starcity said it best the other day.... Glad to see Graham competing well and getting back to where they used to be.  Not quite there, the defense still has a LONG way to go to get back to the Graham days of old, but they are getting there.  They have several sophomores n key positions.  They should be tough for a couple of years to come.  Having Dalton out on that line didn't help matters either..... they missed him in there plugging up the middle.

Here is why Graham lost and Richlands won.

1) When the early whistle on the fumble happened Graham cried about it, pouted and argued. Richlands saw this and went right for the throat with the TD pass on the next play to Howie.

2) Richlands kept getting the ball to their best athletes, Graham didn't. Cousin may have had 10 carries.

3) Richlands made adjustments at half, Graham didn't.

nailed it.... Needed to get Cousin the ball, if not by running the ball....by passing it to him out of the backfield.  He is the heart and soul of that team and has touched the ball 10 times or less during the first 3 games.