Bluefield @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

Thoughts on this one?

Bluefield has the speed. Has their defense gotten any better?

Richlands will undoubtedly play inspired with Cody Fuller as the QB for the Beavers. Also honoring the 06 stat title team at this game. Mance said on the radio we have 30+ from that team coming back for the game. 

At the beginning of the season, I had no doubt that this matchup would feature two undefeated teams and much media attention. Weeks later, I find that I was only half right with Bluefield now being the exception to the much anticipated storyline. On the otherhand, Richlands has certainly held up its part of the "top billing" marquee. Bluefield's opening loss to cross town and arch rival Graham, followed by additional setbacks delivered by West Virginia AAA opponents Princeton and Beckley-Woodrow Wilson placed the Beavers into a very unexpected, and unusual, position ... 0-3.

One thing that I have learned over the many years is that you can never rule Bluefield out of any game. Bluefield may keep it close initially; however, Richlands has too many guns for this year's version of the Beavers to handle. Was this Bluefield team too hyped before the season began? No doubt! On the other hand, the Blue Tornado has lived up to its expectations and keeps on rolling through Southwest Virginia and beyond.

Richlands 42

Bluefield 20

Richlands will dictate the pace of the game and control the clock and play their game.  Bluefield will be unable to control possession.  Richland's line is just too big and physical for them.  Bluefield will score on big plays,most likely...

Thoughts on this one?

Bluefield has the speed. Has their defense gotten any better?

Richlands will undoubtedly play inspired with Cody Fuller as the QB for the Beavers. Also honoring the 06 stat title team at this game. Mance said on the radio we have 30+ from that team coming back for the game.

Asbury might still yet get his TD record...

In this one, I definitely am pulling for my Blues, but I also want Fuller to have a GOOD showing, but not a GREAT showing. 

Believe the Blues will control the offensive side of this game and it may even come down to a running clock. 

In this one, I definitely am pulling for my Blues, but I also want Fuller to have a GOOD showing, but not a GREAT showing. 

Believe the Blues will control the offensive side of this game and it may even come down to a running clock. 

I think Fuller will be picking himself up off the turf frequently Friday night. If that Bluefield line-play is as bad as advertised, "Bull" Dye will have a field day. 

Was this Bluefield team too hyped before the season began? No doubt!

Maybe they were in your mind, I didn't think that way about them nor did most of the people around Bluefield.  In fact I even stated on here before the Giles scrimmage I wasn't sure how good they would be with the issues they had coming out of last year and I follow them pretty close.

Bluefield had several injuries Friday against GE and they lost a lineman to a knee sprain. I doubt he plays for several weeks.  Bluefield has gotten a little better, but there is still some glaring issues with the defense.  Richlands will be too much for them, unless Richlands think they'll just show up and win.

Maybe they were in your mind, I didn't think that way about them nor did most of the people around Bluefield.  In fact I even stated on here before the Giles scrimmage I wasn't sure how good they would be with the issues they had coming out of last year and I follow them pretty close.

Bluefield had several injuries Friday against GE and they lost a lineman to a knee sprain. I doubt he plays for several weeks.  Bluefield has gotten a little better, but there is still some glaring issues with the defense.  Richlands will be too much for them, unless Richlands think they'll just show up and win.

Won't happen. They're fired up to play against their former teammate. It's rare we are on this side of this situation. 

Bluefield has changed things around from the first few games and things are running considerably better. Bluefield will have to play a great game to win but I think they hang in there. While I was pretty impressed with the Richlands offense, not so much with the defense.  I predict 45-28 Richlands.