Power points

goose111874

Not sure who's at the farmhouse ... But you sure can't blame them for wanting to be at the North's program.. Much better chance of having their battle skills noticed...

While some may believe this is true I believe that your battle skills could lead you to Emory no matter what farmhouse you reside in.

Because they don't like each other lol.

You get a like just bc you broht out a Ron Swanson pyramid of success sig. I love Parks and Rec but can never decide if I like Ron or Andy Dwyer (Chris Pratt) more. I will one day give someone a memo saying I can do what I want. I have skim milk too, its lying about being milk.

Dude Observer was backing up your point about slavery being the catalyst for the war and how the Southern economy would have crumbled without it, dunno why you are going at him.

More importantly, I've got to make it a point to retrieve my reading glasses before I post on my iPad.  Punctuation and spelling tend to  suffer when I fail to do so.  Strangely, the double quotes within the double quotes annoys me more than any of the other errors.  Screw it....I'm just going to ignore the urge to re-read my posts from this point forward.....

Are you talking about when John Battle played Essex?  If so, Essex fans are far from intimidating.  Those people were some of the nicest fans I've ever met when Haysi played them a couple of years ago.

I went to that game at Essex to watch my Daughter cheer her Freshman year. The "adults" there were very nice & welcoming. But at least half of the "young" folks were awful. But that seems to be the case everywhere anymore.

I went to that game at Essex to watch my Daughter cheer her Freshman year. The "adults" there were very nice & welcoming. But at least half of the "young" folks were awful. But that seems to be the case everywhere anymore.

***the JSB game... not the Haysi game***

Love the direction this thread has taken lol  

The North/South split was coming for a long time, slavery may have been the wedge that split them but the fault had been there a long time. I think the civil war was inevitable although the circumstances could have been different  

Some of the statements made about Eastern teams lead me to believe that the commenters have never been through some of the rural eastern counties, or maybe even to Richmond.  If a East team travels to Hurley I promise it will not be the first time those kids/parents/fans have seen a confederate flag.

The Essex fans were very welcoming when Haysi played them. The game was at King William HS and not at Essex so im sure most of the bad element of the fan base wasn't there, sadly there weren't many Essex fans period

If a East team travels to Hurley I promise it will not be the first time those kids/parents/fans have seen a confederate flag.

I don't know if I would go that far. I have been doing sports broadcasting in Union states the past couple of years and have seen a few Confederate flags flying in Nebraska and New York just to name a few. 

You get a like just bc you broht out a Ron Swanson pyramid of success sig. I love Parks and Rec but can never decide if I like Ron or Andy Dwyer (Chris Pratt) more. I will one day give someone a memo saying I can do what I want. I have skim milk too, its lying about being milk.

Rob Swanson is my spirit animal.

NOT THAT IT MATTERS, BUT THE OLDER VERSION OF THE FLAG FLEW FROM JUNE 14 1777 UNTILL MARCH 4TH 1861 WHEN THE FIRST CONFEDERATE FLAG CONSISTED OF A BLUE BACKGROUND IN THE TOP LEFT CORNER WITH 13 STARS IN A CIRCLE OVER THE BLUE FIELD, THERE WERE 2 RED STIPES ON THE TOP AND BOTTOM OF A WHITE STRIPE LIKE TODAYS FLAG.THE SECOND SO CALLED RACIST REBEL FLAG WAS IN MAY 1 1863 BUT IT WAS IN THE UPPER LEFT CORNER SUROUNDED BY A FIELD OF WHITE, BUT THE FINAL REBEL FLAG WAS IN MARCH 4TH 1865 AND IT HAD THE STARS AND BARS IN THE TOP LEFT CORNER SUROUNDED BY A FIELD OF WHITE THEN A BAR OF RED NEXT TO IT.

MY POINT IS THIS, WHILE I UNDERSTAND THE STARS AND BARS MAY OFFEND SOME ,IT LOOKS LIKE TO ME THAT THE NATION WHO EMBRACED SLAVERY, HAD THE AMERICAN FLAG FLYING LONGER  (89 YEARS PRIOR TO CIVIL WAR).THE REBEL FLAG THAT HAS BEEN CARRIED BY HURLEY WAS NEVER THE FLAG CARRIED BY THE SOUTH .DIFFERENT VERSION OF IT YES BUT NOT EXACT.

IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT THE WHITE FIELD WAS TO SHOW THAT WHITES WERE A SUPERIOR RACE(THEIR WORDS NOT MINE) ON THE FIRST BATTLE/CONFEDERATE FLAGS.

I HAVE MANY BLACK FRIENDS AND I WOULD NEVER WAVE A STARS AND BARS FLAG AT THEM OR EVEN HAVE ONE,BUT I ALSO WOULD SAY THIS,THE MEDIA DEFENDS COLIN KAPERNICKS RIGHT TO PROTEST WHILE RAISING HELL WITH PROUD SOUTHERNERS WAVING A FLAG , NOT OUT OF HATE BUT PRIDE .

THE ONE THING THAT EVERYONE MISSES IS THIS ,ALL THESE FLAGS WERE DESIGNED BY DEMOCRATS,WITH EVERY DEMOCRATIC CONTROLLED STATE ELECTING TO JOIN THE SOUTH, NOW THE DEMOCRATS HAVE DECIDED THAT THEY ARE THE PEOPLE OF COLOR REPRESENTATIVE....JUST LIKE UN-EMPLOYED MINERS VOTING FOR HILIARY

I watch Parks and Rec all the time for background noise as well probably watched the entire season three or four time.  I have a hard time picking a favorite between Ron, Andy and Tom (Aziz Ansari)

I watch Parks and Rec all the time for background noise as well probably watched the entire season three or four time.  I have a hard time picking a favorite between Ron, Andy and Tom (Aziz Ansari)

Ron is easily my favorite lol. I bought Nick Offerman's autobiography.