Power points

goose111874

back to football for a minute, and more specifically, the power points.

(snip)  that makes perfect sense vh$l

EVERY year...

It's NOT "the VH$L" - ratings system was voted on and passed by the schools (which, technically, are the vhsl)

Ask the Powell Valley folks about going to Northampton.

*Edit* Just noticed Nandua is in the same area and both are relatively close to Delaware. Good grief.

I made the trip in 95(?) IIRC to Onley,VA for a state title game. It wasn't even on the mainland, had to go tghru the Chesapeake tunnel and it was a little island almost. There's no way any team has had to travel further in VA for a title game, 12+ hours.

I made the trip in 95(?) IIRC to Onley,VA for a state title game. It wasn't even on the mainland, had to go tghru the Chesapeake tunnel and it was a little island almost. There's no way any team has had to travel further in VA for a title game, 12+ hours.

12+ hours??? Did you take a detour through Charlotte?

I used to work a PV supporter and he said it took him 13 hours if that's the same place. Didn't it rain that day also?

Yes. It was most miserable game I can remember, I was young but I remember it clear as day. A muddy mess, not quite freezing cold but cold enough and just a horrible experience haha. We won, I can't imagine how crappy it woulkdve been if we had lost lol. I had to get new socks three tines, my uncle had to loan me socks because jus being a kid I got my feet wet and was froze to death.

It rained like 97 or 98 GC/PV at GC, if you remember that game. That's what the rain was like plus being cold.

Took me about 10 1/2 hours to make the drive. Went up a day early to do some sightseeing. Went out to Assateague Island, and to this day it's still the only time I've ever seen snow on a beach. 

It's called the Eastern Shore of Virginia....its actually a peninsula, bounded by Maryland to the north, the Chesapeake Bay to the west and south, and the Atlantic Ocean to the East. 

I made the trip in 95(?) IIRC to Onley,VA for a state title game.

Yep, that was some $hitty weather that day in the eastern part of the State.  Graham traveled to the Fredericksburg area that day to play King George for the Division 3 State Title and played in a freezing rain, much to their advantage.  The G-Men brought home Coach Carlock's 2nd State Championship that day.

Is VHSL Helper putting out his rankings today or tomorrow?  I'm amazed at the ability some of you all have in working the math before the official VHSL ratings come out on Tuesdays.  I enjoy looking at the possible scenarios.  

Hopefully Abingdon's win last night resulted in enough points to secure a first round playoff game IF the birds take care of business the next 2 weeks.