A. C. Higgins on INSULTS

ghos88t

I have had much more things of importance to accomplish than peruse the malevolence rumblings of irreverent simpleminded debaters. I have been working on the welcoming committee for Bill and Hillary Clinton. Our beloved Abingdon has been chosen as a possible retreat for the Clinton's after the election.

Now to the insults.

Mr. Richlands Alum, some name, comparing Abingdon to Lee Co. Is like comparing an igloo to a castle, such an obtuse comparison. Political we have sent Statesmen to Washinton, D. C. And Richmond. People of culture and artistic appreciation are all of the time. Maybe the Tazewell Co. School Board should consolidate Richlands High and Tazewell High. You can call yourselves, The Blue Dogs.

Mr. Big O at first seemed to display a smidgen of intellect until I read some of his later comments.

Mr. Beamer Ball, on your suggestion as to whom Abingdon High some schedule, I have a suggestion for you and Mr. Ryan4VT. Since VPI and SU have so much trouble the Big Games, I have a suggestion for the both of you. VT should schedule the following every year so that they might be bowl eligible:

Liberty, Morehead State, Austin Peay, ETSU, West Virginia State, Concord, Bluefield College, Norolk State. Forget about winning the ACC Championship, just win six and go bowling.

Mr. Mountain Man, it is very obvious that you are a man of intellect, unlike these other bumpkins.

Now back to preparing for Bill and Hillary. I so hope that they will pick our beloved Abingdon.

ghos88t:  I have had much more things of importance to accomplish than peruse the malevolence rumblings of irreverent simpleminded debaters.

Apparently not.  And it's "malevolent" rumblings.   Grammar is key when you're rambling about the imperfections of others, just so you know. 

Gos88t, I do agree with you to a point about the comparison to Abington and Lee County but you have it backwards. Abington is a very beautiful and historical town but it is the igloo, a nice one.

Lee County and the surrounding county's are the castle with much more beauty and history. they are more tourist that visit these county's each year then Abington could ever wish for, again not taking anything away form Abington but SWVA does not solely depend on it.

As for your Clinton comment I will not respond because unlike you I have no desire for the Hammer to come down on me!!!

Now to the insults.

Mr. Richlands Alum, some name, comparing Abingdon to Lee Co. Is like comparing an igloo to a castle, such an obtuse comparison. Political we have sent Statesmen to Washinton, D. C. And Richmond. People of culture and artistic appreciation are all of the time. Maybe the Tazewell Co. School Board should consolidate Richlands High and Tazewell High. You can call yourselves, The Blue Dogs.

Oddly enough, I am sympathetic to the plight of Abingdon.  The Falcons are at a significant competitive disadvantage within their assigned classification, and that is mostly due to geography.  My reference to Lee County was intended to illustrate the point that Abingdon is effectively the end of Virginia as viewed by the rest of the teams within 3A.  The actual truth of the matter is that the rest of the Commonwealth generally has neither the inclination or the motive to give Abingdon any consideration at all.  I refrained from sharing that because it seemed indelicate to do so.  Alas.....

I've actually given consideration of my own to a consolidated school that would serve the western portion of Tazewell County.  My proposal would be to construct it somewhere in the vicinity of Pounding Mill and apply that community's name to the school.  Furthermore, I would suggest "Quarriers" as a nickname for the athletic teams and usage of the USFL Pittsburgh Maulers logo.  But I will readily admit that "Blue Dogs" is a very clever suggestion.

I would not advocate for any punitive action to be taken against this (or any other poster), as I do not find the comments to be threatening to my personal sensibilities or intellect in any way.