Anyone Got Bag Balm?

Deleted Account

I need hundreds of cases, due to the astronomical amount of butthurt I'm seeing on Facebook. I am far from a Trump fanboy, but the same suspects who gloated like they won the Super Bowl in 2008 and 2012 are posting some of the most vile, hateful, and downright most disgraceful spiels I've ever seen.

We all share this nation. This isn't a game. There is no reason to do a victory dance, and there is no reason to whine like my 3-year-old when I don't give him a sucker.

Here's a thought: pray. Maybe, just maybe. Pray for healing, and pray for understanding to accept the things you cannot change. We are a melting pot, and some folks will be the majority ingredient. It just so happened to be the conservatives this time.

Looking forward to the morning, and January 20th...my daughter'a birthday and the birth of this nation's 45th President.

I agree Uvaobserver. It's crazy on FB. People need to be careful what they say, regret has a hell of a memory. I'm also not a fan of Trump but I disliked Hillary even more. For me the election was all about the Supreme Court. We need to embrace the change and make the best of it.

I don't think this is the result Black Lives Matter, Occupy Wall Street and other such "movements" were looking for!

I was not a supporter of any candidate we were left to choose from.  What I am certain of though, the violence and "protesting" following last night's results along with the violence and "protesting" we have witnessed from the aforementioned "movements" have led "middle America" to revolt against the establishment in ways the aforementioned "movements" never anticipated.  

What we have seen in Ferguson, Dallas, Charlotte and many, many other communities helped foster change, just not the change those folks were looking for.  The moral of the story for leadership of those "movements", be careful what you wish for, you just may get it!

I don't think this is the result Black Lives Matter, Occupy Wall Street and other such "movements" were looking for!

I was not a supporter of any candidate we were left to choose from. What I am certain of though, the violence and "protesting" following last night's results along with the violence and "protesting" we have witnessed from the aforementioned "movements" have led "middle America" to revolt against the establishment in ways the aforementioned "movements" never anticipated.

What we have seen in Ferguson, Dallas, Charlotte and many, many other communities helped foster change, just not the change those folks were looking for. The moral of the story for leadership of those "movements", be careful what you wish for, you just may get it!

This reminds me, I stumbled across an article today that crudely but oddly effectively conveys what I suspect most in America who voted for Trump believe: http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-trumps-rise-that-no-one-talks-about/

It's worth the read, and goes into this pushback factor.

Be forewarned, there is some crude language in the article.

I may have never eaten more crow on a subject than Trump as a presidential candidate.  I know I said on here as the primaries started he would be done.by the time the Rs got to S. Carolina.  Do you all mind if I add garlic salt and pepper to that crow?  I didnt vote for either major candidate and after being an election official I sat and watched in amazement until 2:30 last night.  

I agree wholeheartedly with UVAO, we need to pray.  As I had posted on here previously, Trump was not my first choice.  There were so many more in the Republican field qualified to be president.  I did not care for his brashness, his lack of policy, most everything about him personally I did not care for. 

What he birthed in his campaign was a vision for our nation, not just change, but a plan for a better America.  In spite of his deficiencies,  he was able to convey this to the people.  Scripture tells us "without a vision the people perish".  Clinton did not have a vision for our nation, but to continue to grow the Democratic platform and its agenda.   I feel Trump can accomplish the vision, if he surrounds himself with wise counsel and hearkens to their words of wisdom. 

A lot of people were concerned about Trump's rhetoric. I voted for Ted Cruz in the primaries. I voted for Trump last Tuesday. Trump had a vision for this country. Both candidates were involved in controversy. 

I am totally shocked at some of the rhetoric being thrown around by different Hillary supporters. Not all Hillary supporters are doing this, just like not all people who voted for Trump are violent and racist. Some of the Hillary supporters are behaving in the most vile way. Riots? These same people mocked Trump when he said if he didn't win that it was rigged. These same people called out anyone who criticized Obama in the least bit saying that we need to support our president. Anytime a conservative Republican said "not my president," there they were saying we have to support the president. How supportive of Former President Bush were some of these people? I was often critical of Obama as my First Amendment rights guarantee me to be. I did not support the way he operated as president. I did respect his status as president. I did pray for him because he needed it just like Trump will need. I did not riot. I did not vandalize the property of Obama or Hillary supporters. 

There is hypocrisy on both sides of the political aisle with regards to this election. Riots? Senseless violence? People have the right to peaceably assemble. While I may not support the message of protesters, I do support the right to peaceably assemble as guaranteed in the First Amendment. I do not support riots. When a person riots, he or she becomes a thug. I will not hear rioters. I do not care if I support the message. There is a right and wrong way to express disdain over a candidate or a law. There is no excuse for rioting

I am not a Trump fan(I REALLY dislike him, or his persona anyway) and I equally disliked Clinton. I voted for Gary Johnson but I found myself considering Trump just because of the whiney liberal progressives. Constantly lying and making up stories, constantly framing the argument as you either vote Democrat or youre a racist/sexist/misogynist. Its sickening and has only gotten worse since the election. Ive had people call me racist since I didn't vote for Clinton.

trumpet, I love that so many people are passionate about politics, especially the younger ones but there is no excuse for violence. They are devastated by Trumps win and don't know how to handle it, im hoping the next 4 years are great, the snowflakes stay interested and see that the Democratic agenda isint the best direction for the United States