Richlands vs Stuarts Draft

thundercloud

Thanks everyone for the well wishes,  it's great to see that most in our area are pulling for our guys to pull out a win !  We all may want to beat the fire out of each other when we play each other,  but in the end we all want our little part of the state to end up on top !

I want to wish GW all the best this weekend and will keep up with your game and be pulling for ya !

Same to Galax !

Go Big Blue ! 

It's almost here--game day for my Blues!!!

So excited for the team and their journey they begin today.   SD will be a stout opponent, no doubt.  At this time of year, if you aren't "firing on all cylinders" the stadium lights are out until next season.    If the Blues  come out and play Blues football from the first whistle, I think they have an excellent chance of "putting a W next to that lighting R". 

Agreeing with the other posters for safe travels for the team and fans and a injury free game. Best wishes to George Wythe also. 

GO BLUES

LET'S FINISH

great state

Interesting read of this article... hey, Ryan, BT site is mentioned. Also,Tom Goforth, who got his coaching start at Richlands (I remember when he was at RHS)  previously coached at SD in 1995.

Also,Tom Goforth, who got his coaching start at Richlands (I remember when he was at RHS)  previously coached at SD in 1995.

I spoke with Tom at Wilson Memorial 2 years ago he was coaching at Waynesboro. I would bet a pink flamingo that he will be at this game as well.

Hollar a little extra louder for me today Ryan !  Not able to go,  come down with what may be the flu or some kind of crud.

Wife has had it, mother has had it so I guess it's my turn.  Sure hate I couldn't go out there for this game but I'll be listening on the radio and my heart is out there with the fans and team !

Everyone traveling today please have a safe trip to and from the games and good luck to all the teams from our area ( far southwest Virginia )  and I pray for injury free games for all today !

Well gates opened at 12 by 1210 you cant fit another person on the blues side....less seating than Appomattox last year...

appomattox bleachers were terrible. No walkways between the seats, small set of bleachers and could fall plum through them

appomattox bleachers were terrible. No walkways between the seats, small set of bleachers and could fall plum through them

They may very well play next week,  but it sounds to me they are putting the cart before the horse !   They have a tough game today first !

Highly disappointed in Richlands. Mainly Howie in how he handled himself tonight. I have turned the radio off. If Richlands were to somehow pull this out which I do not see happening. Codie Howie should not be allowed to go with them. 

Awesome job Richlands! Listened on the radio, and it sounded like a very exciting game. Hope the appeal on Howie is successful. Assuming they pursue it.

Be hard to appeal 2 taunting penalties. Especially when that's one of the big no no's in high school football.

When Richlands fumbled the ball with 3 mins left I started making my way down the bleachers. Before I exited the gate something told me that the game wasn't over yet, the same way I felt when Giles was trailing in the 2013 state game so I stood along the fence and watched. So glad I decided to stick it out til the end. You can never count the Blues out. As far as next week goes, I'm hoping Richlands pulls it out but honestly with Howie I'm taking Appo by 10, without Howie Appo by 20. I really hope I'm wrong.