Tipoff Tournaments

swvasportscommenter

Gotta be the one in Wise this year. Some quality teams in that one. Mt. Mission, George Wythe, Richlands, Bell Co., KY, Ridgeview, Honaker, Eastside, Lebanon, Union, Central, Castlewood, and Burton. 

Seems like this is where Richlands will see their competition since their schedule is filled with cupcakes after this tourny. Not really their fault with the conference scheduling but I would have scheduled someone competitive out of conference late in the season to see how I was stacking up. Still scratching my head at the idea of keeping Twin Valley (who is not very good) and dropping Bluefield and Union. 

I was hoping they would at least keep Bluefield

Not sure why they did not keep either. Union lost a ton... still good though and bluefield would have been a killer atmosphere since the Fuller's (father/son) are there coaching and playing. 

We didn't drop Bluefield or Union. Union dropped us for some reason, and Bluefield didn't want to olaybus this year because of the potential for bad blood with Fuller. That came from a member of the coaching staff. They aren't happy with the schedule, either.

Gotta be the one in Wise this year. Some quality teams in that one. Mt. Mission, George Wythe, Richlands, Bell Co., KY, Ridgeview, Honaker, Eastside, Lebanon, Union, Central, Castlewood, and Burton.

Been trying to find a complete listing of all the teams in this tournament, no luck so far. Is there a site I can see all the teams playing?

$10 admission fee!?!?!?!?! You have got to be kidding me lol!

Fail...  I had thought about going to the first day of the tournament, but not going to pay $10 to see Ridgeview annihilated by Bell County.

Oh... just noticed the first day is on the 27th which would've conflicted with the Arby's anyway... so wouldn't have gone either way.  Lol

There is also the Smoky Mountain Classic in Gatlinburg this week, which Ridgeview, Wise Central and Gate City girls will be competing in.  32 girls teams and 24 boys teams I believe. That's got to be some kind of record for teams in one tournament, albeit the girls have four separate brackets and the boys three separate brackets.

Ridgeview's bracket consists of:  Westview, Greeneville, Forest, Gatlinburg-Pittman and Elizabethton from Tennessee, Jackson County and Pike County Central from Kentucky.

Wise Central's bracket consists of:  Floyd County from Virginia, Owen County and Hardin Central from Kentucky, Pigeon Forge, Smith County and East Hickman from Tennessee, and Wren from South Carolina.

Gate City's bracket consists of:  Betsy Layne, South Laurel, South Floyd, Perry County Central, and Wayne County from Kentucky, and Sevier County and Station Camp from Tennessee.

There is also the Smoky Mountain Classic in Gatlinburg this week, which Ridgeview, Wise Central and Gate City girls will be competing in. 32 girls teams and 24 boys teams I believe. That's got to be some kind of record for teams in one tournament, albeit the girls have four separate brackets and the boys three separate brackets.

Those tournaments down at Disney are the same way. Several different brackets and several different weeks at a time.

I would hope there is one. Otherwise, Richlands may very well be done the first night. 

Richlands doesn't have a "play in" game, so they won't be done till at least the second night.  :)

I seen that Bell County was 4-6, so maybe Ridgeview stands a chance with them potentially.  They beat Thomas Walker by 24.  Not sure what Thomas Walker has this year though.

Richlands doesn't have a "play in" game, so they won't be done till at least the second night.  :)

I seen that Bell County was 4-6, so maybe Ridgeview stands a chance with them potentially.  They beat Thomas Walker by 24.  Not sure what Thomas Walker has this year though.

Ridgeview has NO shot... none