UVa-Wise Tournament

pvfan

Union played very well. Jumped out 16-0 and never looked back. Union shot 0 FTs in first half or it's worse. Mitchell dominated. 26 points, 11 boards (8 offense). Union looks better than either JIB/JJK so far so hoping it's a Union/GW final.

How does Richlands lose that game? Up 10 heading into 4th with what, 6 players who are redshirt seniors? First team they have seen that has been a solid team and they cant finish the game. But this game will pay dividends come late Feb if they can remember back to this game. Next tough game they have is Graham on Jan 5th. 

If I am not mistaken, Richlands will end up with one game less on the schedule now correct? Think they will pick up a game?

Richlands played great for 3 quarters and then got away from what got them the 10 point lead. Offense was very stagnant in the 4th and D was very sub par. They let Johnson take over!!

Richlands had no answer for GW's man to man defense in the 4th quarter. 3 Point shots what gave Richlands lead in the first 3 quarters. GW shut the 3 ball down. GW out coached Richlands. 

Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you for everyone taking the time to update the scores and results of theses games. It is so nice to go to one site and get all the information at the same time.

GW- Over Honaker. Love Honaker's fight and hustle. Blake maybe my favorite player in the state. But... GW shoots the ball to well, has enough size and is just tooooo deep. Basically the same reason why I said GW would beat Richlands.

Union - over Central. Despite popular belief there is absolutely no dark horse in the 40th. Its Gate City then Union. head and shoulders

How does Richlands lose that game? Up 10 heading into 4th with what, 6 players who are redshirt seniors? First team they have seen that has been a solid team and they cant finish the game. But this game will pay dividends come late Feb if they can remember back to this game. Next tough game they have is Graham on Jan 5th. 

If I am not mistaken, Richlands will end up with one game less on the schedule now correct? Think they will pick up a game?

Is Richlands not playing in the consolation games?

Unfortunately VHSL rules do not allow teams to pick up a replacement game if they lose one (play one less than planned) in a sanctioned tournament.  So if Richlands gets one less game than planned in this tournament, that's a bad lick for them.

Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you for everyone taking the time to update the scores and results of theses games. It is so nice to go to one site and get all the information at the same time.

GW- Over Honaker. Love Honaker's fight and hustle. Blake maybe my favorite player in the state. But... GW shoots the ball to well, has enough size and is just tooooo deep. Basically the same reason why I said GW would beat Richlands.

Union - over Central. Despite popular belief there is absolutely no dark horse in the 40th. Its Gate City then Union. head and shoulders

Watched Honaker barely beat Bell County. Actually Honaker trailed most of the game. I would say GW wins by 20 over Honaker and Union wins by 20 over Central Wise. Union and GW is a great matchup as a championship game. Not sure who wins that one. 

Watched Honaker barely beat Bell County. Actually Honaker trailed most of the game. I would say GW wins by 20 over Honaker and Union wins by 20 over Central Wise. Union and GW is a great matchup as a championship game. Not sure who wins that one.

Not completely true, it was back and forth with neither team getting any real lead til the end. Honaker was never down more than 5-6 points IIRC

Sounds like I'm disagreeing but I'm really not, only that Honaker was never really down much at all and didn't have a GW-like comeback.

Not completely true, it was back and forth with neither team getting any real lead til the end. Honaker was never down more than 5-6 points IIRC

Sounds like I'm disagreeing but I'm really not, only that Honaker was never really down much at all and didn't have a GW-like comeback.

I said Honaker barely beat Bell County.... And they did trail most of the game...