UVa-Wise Tournament

pvfan

Home court? Central plays their games at UVA W still?

No they play at Central now, it was a joke. It's basically their second home (100x nice than the gym at Central but Prior cost millions more).

And yes, Union handled JIB, 24 point win.

just heard tj mcamis mom got banned from tourney for attacking officials after the game lastnite. real classy. first of all they got all the calls and 2nd mcamis got redneck cause he couldn't get a shot off and was getting his shot blocked several times. at the end he was pushing and under cutting people. hes a decent player but hes hot headed. central is a bunch of crybabies that's why everybody loves beating on them.

I went down and watched Richlands Wednesday and the Prior Convocation Center is a top notch facility!! Not a bad seat in the house.

I just wish I knew there was an elevator to floor level, I would have taken advantage of that nice brown leather sofa on the opposite side of the benches!! lol

There is one. Beside the stairs to right side.

just heard tj mcamis mom got banned from tourney for attacking officials after the game lastnite. real classy. first of all they got all the calls and 2nd mcamis got redneck cause he couldn't get a shot off and was getting his shot blocked several times. at the end he was pushing and under cutting people. hes a decent player but hes hot headed. central is a bunch of crybabies that's why everybody loves beating on them.

While most Union (and C-Wood, Norton, prob GC too) people prob share a similar opinion of the Wise program, posts like that make Union look bad instead of the intended target. Take shots at adults, let's not go too hard on a HS kid unless something egregious happens.

Not gonna comment on the player, but I sat right behind Tj's mother and it got out of hand quickly, lol. I haven't seen her yet tonight but we'll see.

I thought Richlands was a shoe in to win the tourney since Mt. Mission's A team dropped out???

It's been a wacky tourney. On paper, Richlands, Union and GW are most talented but only Union is remaining and we've heard some crazy rumors of off court altercations. Who doesn't love early season basketball?

UNION BEARS TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONS

ALL TOURNAMENT TEAM

MVP                   JAMES MITCHELL   UNION BEARS

RIDGEVIEW      GABE COUNTS

EASTSIDE         SETH BOWLS

CENTRAL          DALTON MULLINS

CENTRAL          ISAIAH McCIMIS

GW                     M. JOHNSON

GW                     N. ATWOOD

UNION               WES SLAGLE

UNION               NOAH GARRISON

HONAKER        ALEC ANDERSON

HONAKER        H. HILTON

1st place Union

2nd place Honaker

3rd place GW

4th place Central

5th place Eastside

6th place Bell County Ky.

7th place Richland

8th place JI Burton

9th place Ridgeview

10th place Lebanon

11th place Mt. Mission

12th place Castlewood                                        per WDIC Radio 92.1                                   Sorry for any misspelled names.

Going from a play by play, seems like one of the most exciting and dramatic HS games you'll see. Tigers jump out white hot, Union comes back to take a lead, HHS battle back and takes a late lead, Union hits a shot almost at the buzzer to send it to OT, HHS has game winner rim out in OT.

Noah Garrison apparently hit some big shots, good for him. He's a good kid and a talented youngster. Union scores the W, who woulda thought a team with losses to Eastside and TN High could win a tourney with Richlands, GW, Honaker, Bell, etc...