Richlands vs Graham

local_insight

This is the only game between the two that matters. The SEC did away with both games counting after Graham not rescheduling the 2nd Richlands game last year. Now, only the first game between SEC teams count.

So, essentially, whoever wins this game, wins the SEC.

Gonna be a HUGE atmosphere...

This is the only game between the two that matters. The SEC did away with both games counting after Graham not rescheduling the 2nd Richlands game last year. Now, only the first game between SEC teams count.

Wasn't the whole system based on overall record last year for conference 39? I was under the impression that whoever had the best overall record out of conference 39 got the #1 overall seed with a free birth to region. Graham/Richlands did not play the final game of the year because it would have been a Saturday or even a Monday of conference tournament play and Graham had a 2+ game lead on Richlands. The game was meaningless besides bragging rights. Even with a Graham loss, Graham was still the #1 seed from conference 39.

I cant blame Richlands for wanting to play them though... cross county rival and they had a heated game the first time if I remember correctly. 

All things considered, this is Richlands shot to put a beating on Graham. Richlands should win this one by 15+ with Graham's injuries. I feel like the 2nd game (even though meaningless) will go in Graham's favor. 

Would like to see this game... Especially if everyone was healthy. I feel like the chippyness factor could be astronomical. Maybe there won't be any mom's out there that end up throwing haymakers or anything though in this one. With Graham being down with some injuries I'll take Richlands in this one. I think it's a different outcome with the whole GMen crew back and healthy.

Richlands 61

Graham 49

Richlands can put up huge numbers at home.  I think the UVA tournament woke a sleeping giant and got them back in check after winning a Virginia high tournament rather easily. They went to Grundy last night and beat them 93 to 52.  Everyone talks about their "watered down schedule"  I think it was a good move,  If they can get their first regional game at home this year, it will be their first region win. This group is chomping at the bits to prove people wrong. Richlands controls the score here and the coach will control it by subbing.  

That sounds like a dumb way to handle things.  I really don't like how the CMC handles the whole Lebanon thing either, while every team only plays Lebanon once during the season, they count it as two wins or losses.  The whole district/conference thing is stupid.  If Lebanon is in the CMC, and the conference is what eventually advances you to regional play, then they should have to play those teams twice, not the other southwest district teams twice.

That sounds like a dumb way to handle things.  I really don't like how the CMC handles the whole Lebanon thing either, while every team only plays Lebanon once during the season, they count it as two wins or losses.  The whole district/conference thing is stupid.  If Lebanon is in the CMC, and the conference is what eventually advances you to regional play, then they should have to play those teams twice, not the other southwest district teams twice.

Tell Marion that too while you are at it. They play in the ever so challenging Hogo, yet are in conference 39. They screw things up for them too. Hence the way of figuring out the overall 1 seed. 

All this changes next year, thank god. 

Richlands wins this one and the next one. Richlands is to deep for anyone in there division to compete with them. Richlands will make it until the playoffs before they lose again.

Didn't they barely beat Norton by one point? Not sure I'd be that confidet if they're struggling w the likes of Norton.

Richlands wins this one and the next one. Richlands is to deep for anyone in there division to compete with them. Richlands will make it until the playoffs before they lose again. 

I think Richlands "should" win this one, especially with Graham being shorthanded.  I wouldn't hand the next one to them also, however.  The 2nd one should be a lot more competitive.  

Everyone has to remember Richlands beat the second place team in that UVA wise tournament rather easy at the Virginia High tournament a weak earlier, (Honaker) .  I just think they got a little ahead of themselves and got put back in their place at UVA wise. Losing to GW was a good loss in my opinion, if there is such a thing.  No one should take Richlands for granted and I think Richlands learned not to take anyone else granted. 

Everyone has to remember Richlands beat the second place team in that UVA wise tournament rather easy at the Virginia High tournament a weak earlier, (Honaker) .  I just think they got a little ahead of themselves and got put back in their place at UVA wise. Losing to GW was a good loss in my opinion, if there is such a thing.  No one should take Richlands for granted and I think Richlands learned not to take anyone else granted. 

For what it is worth, their next game was very lackluster. JIB is a very mid pack 1A basketball team. A one point victory is less than stellar against that team. 

Now they did completely dominate a much improved Grundy team. Did not see a 35 point spread in that game... more like a 20 point spread. It was impressive. I think the loss/poor effort shown in Richlands part woke them up with the loss to GW. Richlands is the best team in conference 39... but they always have problems with Graham. Decent game with a fun atmosphere at Richlands tomorrow. Richlands by 20

How does that justify the terrible performance V. JIB?

I'm sure Richlands is very good. I don't doubt that. But acting (not you) like no one can beat Richlands until the playoffs is just arrogant. Graham isn't a pushover, they're sure as shit better than Norton and if Norton can almost steal a win V. Richlands then GHS easily could too.

How does that justify the terrible performance V. JIB?

I'm sure Richlands is very good. I don't doubt that. But acting (not you) like no one can beat Richlands until the playoffs is just arrogant. Graham isn't a pushover, they're sure as shit better than Norton and if Norton can almost steal a win V. Richlands then GHS easily could too.

You make valid points but you know how that transitive property works.... it doesn't lol. 

Bottomline, IMO, a healthy Graham gives Richlands fits. Sadly, Graham is without two key players so Richlands will most likely win this one. Anything can happen though!

My prediction is Graham says we need to reschedule because its drizzling snow. I mean until were healthy.

Memories from last year.

Knock on Graham all you want, but that decision was not up to them. When the Super says no game you do not play. Could they have recheduled? Sure! Like that Saturday before conference tournament or even the Monday that conference tournaments began.... or even get wild and have a July 4th game in middle of summer. Game was meaningless. 

The UVA Wise tournament as a whole including JIB will turn out to be the best thing that happens to Richlands this season.  I don't think you will see this group walk into a gym again thinking they CAN'T be beat.  I hope this don't sound arrogant but  this group can play basketball with any team.  I don't see anyone blowing them out in any game this year, they may have a bad game (JIB) .  The loss to GW could have went either way, just as the win to JIB could have went either way. It was just a bad tournament for Richlands.  To justify the close game with JIB, I would submit the GW loss had a huge impact on them, it was a close loss and they were disappointed in themselves and it carried over to bad play with JIB.  This group is very explosive they just have to stay humble.

The UVA Wise tournament as a whole including JIB will turn out to be the best thing that happens to Richlands this season.  I don't think you will see this group walk into a gym again thinking they CAN'T be beat.  I hope this don't sound arrogant but  this group can play basketball with any team.  I don't see anyone blowing them out in any game this year, they may have a bad game (JIB) .  The loss to GW could have went either way, just as the win to JIB could have went either way. It was just a bad tournament for Richlands.  To justify the close game with JIB, I would submit the GW loss had a huge impact on them, it was a close loss and they were disappointed in themselves and it carried over to bad play with JIB.  This group is very explosive they just have to stay humble.

I can agree with the JIB game effort. I am sure it was deflating losing to a team with such high ambitions as Richlands does. There is a difference in arrogance and confidence... 

I can agree too that the UVAW tourny will be a wonderful reminder come Feb. No real competitive games from now until they play round 1 of region though... with the exception of probably @Graham. Hope they can stay focused. 

I don't think they can compete w GC, but no one in the area can.