Richlands vs Graham

local_insight

Richlands will go deeper than Graham and your right , Graham is  no where near a top tier team.  That is why predict Richlands will beat Graham by 30.  I think your missing the point.  Richlands hasn't been beaten by more than 5 points.  They are a top tier team.  They had a bad tournament and learned a good lesson but like I said in an earlier post their chomping at the bits to prove some people wrong and have the athletes to do it with.

Richlands will go deeper than Graham and your right , Graham is no where near a top tier team. That is why predict Richlands will beat Graham by 30. I think your missing the point. Richlands hasn't been beaten by more than 5 points. They are a top tier team. They had a bad tournament and learned a good lesson but like I said in an earlier post their chomping at the bits to prove some people wrong and have the athletes to do it with.

Strength of schedule. It isn't impressive if Richlands loses to Possum Trot Holler High School by "less than 5 points". Richlands will be 1-and-done in Region, assuming they get past the first game, which they have never done, even with better teams.

At least your giving them a region win and that would be good for this program.  This will be my last post about this topic and my last statement is this:  I see a lot of jealousy spilling over from the success of Richlands football.  Before putting this group of young men down give them a chance, they deserve some success in basketball.

At least your giving them a region win and that would be good for this program. This will be my last post about this topic and my last statement is this: I see a lot of jealousy spilling over from the success of Richlands football. Before putting this group of young men down give them a chance, they deserve some success in basketball.

Lord we got another guy that thinks that everyone that doesn't anoint RHS basketball world beaters then they're jealous of Mance's squad. Maybe we just believe they haven't beaten anyone worth mentioning yet (I.e. Hurley football) & won't unless they've won 2 region games.

But yeah after losing two starters from last years team we should call them a top tier team. Hopefully you just mean top tier in the SEC?

At least your giving them a region win and that would be good for this program. This will be my last post about this topic and my last statement is this: I see a lot of jealousy spilling over from the success of Richlands football. Before putting this group of young men down give them a chance, they deserve some success in basketball.

No jealousy here. We've won as many state titles in my life than they have. I gave Hurley a bunch of flack for this in football season, and Richlands deserves it here for dropping anything with a semblance of competition.

I'm not sure why any Richlands fan wouldn't want to see the best from any team, especially a county rival. 

I for one am happy about the postponement, not just to get back the missing G-Men but to see this Richlands team grow a little more before the big game.

Question to any Richlands fans.  I was able to watch Richlands play Abingdon and I may end up regretting my above prediction for the graham game , but that is beside the point.  Back to my question, I noticed they did not jump at the beginning of the game for the jump ball.  A long time fan told me that they have never jumped for a jump ball and always let the other team have the tip.  Could anyone tell me the reason or benefit to not jumping for a jump ball?  I have watched basketball all my life and have never seen a team do this at any level.  The fan did not know why they never jumped for the tip off either.  It was clear they had the highest jumper between the two teams.  I usually listen by radio and never picked up on them not jumping for the tip off.  I am a little concerned now about my prediction of them beating graham by 30 after watching them struggle at home with Abingdon and only scoring 60 points.  last year they would put up 80 to a 100 at home.

I don't see Graham or Richlands challenging the likes of Gate City or Radford this year.  Should be a good game between the two teams.  Graham is very quick on defense and gets in the passing lanes well.  If Richlands can beat the press they should beat Graham.  Graham has nowhere near the defensive pressure of Bluefield, but they do pressure the ball well.

I don't see Graham or Richlands challenging the likes of Gate City or Radford this year.  Should be a good game between the two teams.  Graham is very quick on defense and gets in the passing lanes well.  If Richlands can beat the press they should beat Graham.  Graham has nowhere near the defensive pressure of Bluefield, but they do pressure the ball well.

Meant to say the likes of "Gate City and Martinsville"... sorry.

After watching how Graham played against Bluefield, I think the Graham-Richlands game could go either way.  I was giving the definite edge to Richlands before....but if Dalton can stay out of foul trouble.... Graham's defense is pretty stout.  They went to a half court defense against Bluefield and nearly pulled out the "w" with Dalton in foul trouble, Baker got hurt early on....and Morgan is still out.....  Not bad for playing short handed against a very good team.