Clinch Mountain Conference tournament

swva_havok_fan

So, a buddy of mine just texted me and said that he had heard that the bottom two teams do not get to play in the conference tournament.  Has anyone else heard this?

If this is true, then that's a shame.  In boys, it doesn't mean much, cause there's no way Ridgeview is beating Union.  But in girls, John Battle has played everyone tough though they haven't won a game.

I'm sure I'll be in the minority, but I don't like it if it's true.

So, a buddy of mine just texted me and said that he had heard that the bottom two teams do not get to play in the conference tournament. Has anyone else heard this?

If this is true, then that's a shame. In boys, it doesn't mean much, cause there's no way Ridgeview is beating Union. But in girls, John Battle has played everyone tough though they haven't won a game.

I'm sure I'll be in the minority, but I don't like it if it's true.

That's wrong

All 7 teams will play in the conference tournament. The #1 seed does have a bye and will play the winner of the #4/#5 seed game from the first round in the semis. #2/#7 winner plays #3/#6 winner in semifinals.

Feb 13 - Boys' first round @ higher seed

Feb 14 - Girls' first round @ higher seed

Feb 15 - Boys' semifinals @ #1 seed

Feb 16 - Girls' semifinals @ #1 seed

Feb 17 - Championship Games for Boys & Girls @ #1 seed

All 7 teams will play in the conference tournament. The #1 seed does have a bye and will play the winner of the #4/#5 seed game from the first round in the semis. #2/#7 winner plays #3/#6 winner in semifinals.

Feb 13 - Boys' first round @ higher seed

Feb 14 - Girls' first round @ higher seed

Feb 15 - Boys' semifinals @ #1 seed

Feb 16 - Girls' semifinals @ #1 seed

Feb 17 - Championship Games for Boys & Girls @ #1 seed

Good.  I guess I will finally get to see the Union and Central gyms for the first time then.

Just John Battle at Gate City so far. Not 100% decided yet but most likely Lee at Ridgeview and Union at Lebanon.

With the Lebanon girls win over Lee High tonight, it appears seeding for the girls tournament is finalized with these match ups. 

With the Lebanon girls win over Lee High tonight, it appears seeding for the girls tournament is finalized with these match ups. 

I totally forgot that Battle could tie Lee by beating them tonight, Not sure how a tie for 6th gets broken though, coin flip maybe?  Lol.

Anyway, yeah, girls (Tuesday) will be:

1 Wise Central (bye)

4 Lebanon vs. 5 Union

3 Ridgeview vs. 6 Lee High/John Battle

2 Gate City vs. 7 Lee High/John Battle

Boys (Monday): (so far)

1 Gate City (bye)

2 Union vs. 7 Ridgeview

Lee High is locked at 6, but 3, 4 and 5 could be either Battle, Central or Lebanon.  Lebanon gets the 3 if they beat Central tonight, with Battle 4 and Central 5.

Rumor is they go with a pre season lottery number system. Basically if you pull a 1 you win the overall tie breaker if it comes to that and numerically down the list. First tie breaker is head to head... since JB/WC split (baring a Lebanon win for WC) then it will come down to their lottery numbers. 

I have heard that a few conferences are doing this and assume all are doing this if it does not involve the free birth to region. 

Central boys beat Lebanon, so we have a tie at 3. I sent a DM to Central's Boys twitter to see if they knew who got the spot, never heard back.

Boys First round Monday at higher seed:

1 Gate City (bye)

4 John Battle vs. 5 Lebanon

3 Wise Central vs. 6 Lee High

2 Union vs. 7 Ridgeview

Semis Wednesday at Gate City

Finals Friday at Gate City

Still, being .500 in conference should be better than being .455.

Lebanon counts as 2 wins or losses. Very ignorant. I don't see how a team gets credit for 2 wins or 2 losses when they only play once. But I get what you're saying. Take away Lebanon counting twice and the tie is broke, easy fix.

Rumor is they go with a pre season lottery number system. Basically if you pull a 1 you win the overall tie breaker if it comes to that and numerically down the list. First tie breaker is head to head... since JB/WC split (baring a Lebanon win for WC) then it will come down to their lottery numbers. 

I have heard that a few conferences are doing this and assume all are doing this if it does not involve the free birth to region. 

This @JohnBattleSports