Clinch Mountain Conference tournament

swva_havok_fan

I've said it for several weeks, Battle has played everyone in the district decent.  They were due a win and last night was their night.  Even though Union lost to Lebanon in the regular season, I was shocked it took a buzzer beater from them last night to beat Lebanon again, because Union had been playing the best ball in the district over the last two weeks.  I'm not going to be a bit surprised if Battle pulls the upset on us either.  First meeting, they led the entire game except the last two minutes and lost by 3.  At Ridgeview they lost by 13, but only Gate City has ever come to Ridgeview and got a win I believe.  Battle will have everything going for them.  Confidence that they can win in the district and beat one of the elite teams at that and I'm sure the Central folks will be pulling for Battle hard and heavy to knock us out.

I know a lot of you GC folks are not too fond of Houseright... think this loss puts her on the hot seat as coach?

I don't believe this Gate City team had a ton of talent. The Houserights exceeded expectations with their win-loss record but they should never lose to a team that only won 5 games on the season. The year she lost to Wise Central and Dotson in the state finals after beating him 4 times before that game should have been her last year as the head coach at Gate City. When you think of all the talent that has come thru that program to not have won a state title it is overwhelming.

I don't believe this Gate City team had a ton of talent. The Houserights exceeded expectations with their win-loss record but they should never lose to a team that only won 5 games on the season. The year she lost to Wise Central and Dotson in the state finals after beating him 4 times before that game should have been her last year as the head coach at Gate City. When you think of all the talent that has come thru that program to not have won a state title it is overwhelming.

Exactly.

No. If they haven't fired her yet, they never will. If Jeremy was to take another football coaching job else where not very close to GC, that might be the only way she leaves. She's ruined a lot of talent over the past few years.

Have the parents ever put together a formal complaint to have her removed or voiced their opinion to the school board? I wouldn't think they would be too happy with the same results of underachieving every year. 

She has had 2 supremely talented teams that I can think of in her tenure there.  One lost in the finals to Central after beating them 4 other times and last years team that was riddled with injuries.  This years team had probably slightly more talent than the ones she inherited and I dont think anyone expected a 2nd place finish in the district.  

As for Jeremy, I thought there might be one job opening up this year he may have casual interest in, but it didnt happen.

I've said it for several weeks, Battle has played everyone in the district decent.  They were due a win and last night was their night.  Even though Union lost to Lebanon in the regular season, I was shocked it took a buzzer beater from them last night to beat Lebanon again, because Union had been playing the best ball in the district over the last two weeks.  I'm not going to be a bit surprised if Battle pulls the upset on us either.  First meeting, they led the entire game except the last two minutes and lost by 3.  At Ridgeview they lost by 13, but only Gate City has ever come to Ridgeview and got a win I believe.  Battle will have everything going for them.  Confidence that they can win in the district and beat one of the elite teams at that and I'm sure the Central folks will be pulling for Battle hard and heavy to knock us out.

I know a lot of you GC folks are not too fond of Houseright... think this loss puts her on the hot seat as coach?

After keeping up with the score on twitter, I was wishing I'd make the trip to Gate City to watch. Battle has played everyone in the conference hard, but I was still shocked to see it actually happen.

I don't think any of the four teams left in the tournament are going to have it easy tomorrow or Friday night. 

Central actually beat Ridgeview once at Ridgeview last year in a close battle. 

Wasn't expecting it to be quite this close. Central is playing pretty good ball. Union is getting some offensive rebounds but they are missing alot of their 2nd chance shots that are point blank. Good first half.

I think Union will wear them down in the 4th and finally get some separation on the scoreboard. Central seems to always hang tough for a half though. Would be shocked to see the Warriors pull off the upset.

Figured Union would wear them down and pull away and they did. If Central had hit their FTS in the 4th the game would have been close down to the buzzer though. Union definitely looked slouchy tonight....But I'm sure they will pick up their game come Friday night.