Graham v. Gate City (Feb 21)

Degenerate

I'd take 3-7 from C40 over 39, I think there is more quality there and the bottom of C40 isn't quite as bad as C39. The 7seed in C40 beat JIB earlier this season, a team that is advancing to regional play.

We didn't beat Norton.  The second game at Norton was pretty close, but we lost.  Plus we lost to Grundy from C39 twice also.

Curious to hear how Gate City compares to Bluefield?  I've not seen GC at all.

Pretty similar...Bluefield has more athletes/speed, GC probably has better shooters.  Would love to see those two play...

GC has alot of shooters but as of lately they've had to rely more on the dribble drive. I'm actually kinda glad that GC has had some off nights shooting the ball as of lately and had to win games in other ways. Dean still hasn't found his stroke since the Daniel Boone game before the Arbys classic started. Ervin and Mac have been off some too with their shots.... Especially Mac against Union this last game. He couldn't throw a beach ball in the ocean from downtown.

I won't compare GCs athletes and speed to Bluefield...I've not seen those guys play this year at all.

I didn't start it. Our dear friend UVAO did. I believe I'm well within my rights to reply, am I not?

Those who fail to acknowledge history are doomed to repeat it. That includes realizing when you are facing a superior team. Both our seasons will be over Tuesday night, and that's OK. For one school, it's a much bigger disappointment than the other.

Those who fail to acknowledge history are doomed to repeat it. That includes realizing when you are facing a superior team. Both our seasons will be over Tuesday night, and that's OK. For one school, it's a much bigger disappointment than the other.

David supposedly beat Goliath. Anything can happen. :)

Bluefield has some serious jets then.

Well, you've seen some of their "jets" on the gridiron...add about 4 or 5 more and a shooter from Richlands.  Did you ever watch Nolan Richardson's Arkansas teams back in the "40 minutes of Hell" days???  Bluefield is kinda the high school version...pressure on top of pressure, turn you over, and score an easy bucket in transition.

Blue & White in this one. I loved how the rest of the guys picked up the slack when Mac and Zac were having a "Sub-par" night.. and btw that term cracks me up with these people 2! I just love how other fan bases and teams get so tore up over them... bc it allows the rest of the team to not have the pressure on them if the mac and Zac attack have a poor shooting night or off night all together... don't get so use to that btw...MR Ervin and MR McClung are not through in this postseason by any means. Also saying the rest it the squad is pretty darn good too!! Scotty has been here before,qnd I know he will coach accordingly, he just doesn't need to play "Greg Ervin ball" and do nothing but pass to end the last 5-7 minutes of the game like in years past,but I swear I don't think I have ever seen someone so Freakishly Athletic like Mac or Such an All Around Versatile and Complete player like Zac. Sorry "Stacy Ervin" he does play a lil better "D" than you did while at TS. But regardless you would admit to this toy are a very humble and awesome person and I Know you are Very Proud of Zac and the rest of the GYM team for an Awesome Seasons So Far!! Much love boys!! BLEED BLUE... WE ARE... GC!! SEE YALL ON THE COURT G-MEN

I have not seen Graham play. Have heard they are very disciplined. No idea if that is correct.

GC's success from here on out will be greatly influenced by how well we are shooting the ball from the perimeter. If we are hitting our shots, believe we can beat anyone left. If we are not shooting well, believe any team left can beat us.

We need to get back to an Arby's level of intensity.

I expect Scotty will go back to pretty much a 7-man rotation.....assuming we stay out of foul trouble. Might not be a bad idea since we are an extremely young team. At times during the second half of the season we played 3 freshman, a sophomore, and a junior. Mac and Zac, thanks to their travel teams, should be able to handle the pressure. Not sure how well our younger guys will handle big game atmospheres.

What I hope to see is GC coming out on fire with Mac, Zac, and Dean all shooting the ball well. (especially Dean........seems like he needs a confidence boost). We have not started many games well, but have been able to put together a good second half. This time of year we can't afford to do that.

If we have an average night from the perimeter, I think it will be GC 69 Graham 60.

What I like about this game...ALL the pressure is on Gate City.  The favorite, playing at home, and their fans don't just want a win, they expect a win because they are supposed to win.  Those boys may end up playing tight and if Graham hangs around long enough, it could get interesting...

GC clearly the favorite but ball is really in Graham's court IMO. GC will do what GC does and score lots of points. Ball really is in Graham's court (not literally). If this young bunch rolls into GC's hostile atmosphere and feeds off it, executes the game plan, and matches scoring with the high powered GC offense this thing could get wild quick.

Deep down, I got GC by 10ish points. But could very well be anything.  

I agree GMAN, the pressure is on us, but that is just it! As you very well known own GC and your beloved G-MEN go wayyyyyy back in rivalry and classic down to the whistle and or buzzer depending if on the gridiron or on the hardwood. So I know this has the chance to go down as an Instant Classic like many of the other match ups we have had in the past. But reverting back to the Pressure and the Expectancy of a Home Win we always to have to deliver on those 2 things. Please don't take this as being cocky! I call it Pride,Tradition and Heritage! Granted alot of schools and teams claim to have it and a great deal of them do. I might be a little bias, yes I know this, so does everyone else who Truly Loves and Supports their respected team, school or alma mater. At GC we are always expected and are held to Success wherever we go and with whoever we play no matter what sport is playing at that time! Just like Graham with their Great teams of the past and present. I respect your school, staff and ball teams past present and future. I think it will be a great game and could have a crazy down to the wire ending like so many match ups before. In saying this though if we shoot well like we can and play with Our Crowd behind us I Think we can come away with a well deserving W... also we need to play better team D and play a Complete game. We need to start off the game like we finish!! Our D needs to be Relentless and attack the basket to open perimeter shots. Best of luck to you and your G-MEN. GC 78 Graham 62. See yall on the hardwood! BLEED BLUE. WE ARE...GC