Graham v. Gate City (Feb 21)

Degenerate

Do not think it would be that shocking.

Prob not a lot of difference between GC-Union-Richlands-Graham. This time of year it normally comes down to who makes their shots, and stays out of foul trouble. I would not be surprised if any of those 4 teams win.

Being a GC fan, I sure hope playing at home gives us an edge.

From what I see via the net, McClung is legit. He currently holds 9 DI mid major offers. That should change with another solid summer on the AAU circuit. Ervin also has 2 offers as of now. Any kid that has these types of offers can play. D1's aren't knocking if you can't play.

I think GC will step up their game tonight and show flashes of what they can do. If they don't, the G-Men will hang an L on them. I don't think GC will out hustle Graham...Even if they beat them. So the Devils better be on their game on offense and give the same effort on defense that they did this last game against Union.

I have a feeling it's gonna be standing room only by about 6:15 and they will have a TV out in the lunchroom again. Could be wrong though.

Wouldnt surprise me.  Ive never seen a Graham bball game so I didnt know how they travel. 

About to find out what the crowd is like in GC. It's bad congested in Weber City already and I have a feeling it's for the game.

Edit:. Yep.... Already having to park beside the funeral home across the road from the high school and the gates just opened. This is gonna get ridiculous.

First qtr was back and forth....alot of action. GC had a really good 2nd qtr and got some much needed steals. Graham is rebounding the ball well and Martin is taking the ball to the rack. Refs started out letting both teams play....Then in the 2nd qtr they switched gears and started calling everything. Wouldn't be suprised to see several players foul out by the time this one is over.

Also don't think I seen Graham shoot but 1 three point shot. Not sure why the Devils aren't going to a zone.

GC played a heck of a game tonight. Never relied on the 3 ball. I dont think GC shot more than 10 deep balls... Could be wrong though. At one point I thought GC would blow it open big but they made several bad passes that got tipped and resulted in some points on the other end. Credit to Graham, they hustle and play good defense and get their hands on the ball when slouchy passes are made. The G-Men had a very good team...Nothing for those guys to hang their heads over. Martin, #24 and #52 are really tough players.

GC finally played similar to the way they did at the start of the year which was good to see. Still didn't shoot the deep ball well but they didn't need to. When GC finally gets dialed back in from deep and is firing on all cylinders I like their chances against anyone.

And lastly......HOLY COW what an environment tonight at GC! The Devils Den was absolutely rocking. Both student sections showed up big and made for a great atmosphere.

Yeah..........great atmosphere.

We played some pretty good D. If not for some very sloppy passes at the start of the third quarter, think this one could have gotten ugly. 

Think we did a pretty good job against Martin until toward the end of the game when we did not want to foul. He had his way then.

Would like to hear from some Graham fans who were at the game to see how they think we compare to Richlands.