Gate City vs Dan River (2/23)

Leatherhead Larry

You are correct. But still got this lose 2 games and win state garbage.

Oh yeah I hate it. Even with going back to districts every single school in certain districts will make the region tournament. The best format IMO was pre-08. It actually meant something to make the Region tournament back then.

I think GC wins in a very close one if they take the ball to the rim like they did Tuesday. I think it will come down to making FTs to seal the deal in the final minute.

If GC settles for a bunch of 3s and then chooses not to rebound, DR will snatch up easy rebounds and burn GC on fast break layups all night....And possibly get the Devils into foul trouble.

I think this game could easily go both ways. Good luck Blue...Wish I could be there tonight. I'll say:

68-62

Gate City-72

Dan River-68

I think this will be a very similar game to the game's we had in the Arby's with athletic and fast teams. I will promise this though, Dan River better be able to shoot jump shots if they want to beat this team. They won't out run us up and down the court all night.

IF, we can shut the paint down like we did against the G-Men

GC and Richlands play tonight and two more games afterwards no matter what. Either team could lose tonight and Saturday and still win the state title. It's the game next Friday that's win or go home. The games played tonight and Saturday are to determine seeding for the state quarters