Gate City vs Dan River (2/23)

Leatherhead Larry

They did their homework. They have someone face guarding him and another spying him. He's just that much better than anyone on the court. He goes to the bucket every time and they just foul him over and over and over.

GCs biggest weakness is their defense and the fact DR probably had a solid 8-10 offensive rebounds or more.

GC played really good defense against Graham I thought. Hadn't seen them play that well all year...But it was proof that they more than have the ability to play stifling D. They just won't do it.

I said it a few times before this game started....I'd be ecstatic if DR tried to guard Mac 1 on 1. GC may not win but with them playing him like that GC will have a shot.

Oh I figured DR would be as good or better than Graham. Was hoping they would keep up the defensive intensity that they brought the other night. Oh well...It was nice while we got to see it for one night.

Keep it up Blue....Keep pouring it in!

Well Mac went off in the game but looking like the Devils are gonna lose this one after leading most of the game. Either Mac was the only one wanting to play or DR just decided to let Mac have all the points he wanted and shut down everyone else.

River.....I can assure you DR did not let Mac have his points. They were all over him. Mac just went off. Took over the game and carried us. He was exhausted during the last few minutes, missed a few shots, and DR took advantage of them.

Our defensive intensity was not there. Plus, they killed us on the boards. No telling how many second chance points they got. I would say easily 25.

We collapsed in the fourth and gave up 35 points. Give up 61 through three, and then 35 in the fourth. Amazing.

Besides Zac, rest of team was very timid. Some sloppy passes.

Oh well, it is what it is. Got to rebound (pun intended) and get a win on Saturday

Going to watch at least a quarter of the Richlands game.

Wow, can't believe somebody gonna sit a knock the other players, tell me how the hell is anybody supposed to get evolved in a game when one kid is taking every shot. Say he carried you, well when nobody else has a chance its hard to get into any kind of a groove. DR sounds like they played as a team and won as a team.

Wow, can't believe somebody gonna sit a knock the other players, tell me how the hell is anybody supposed to get evolved in a game when one kid is taking every shot. Say he carried you, well when nobody else has a chance its hard to get into any kind of a groove. DR sounds like they played as a team and won as a team.

Shots fired