Mac McClung

I think he may get a few offers this summer that will open the door for some bigger D1 schools to take a stronger look at him.  Happy for the kid...He puts in alot of hard work and dedication to the game....Very deserving.

For what it is worth...

Team Loaded Virginia has STRONG UVA ties.  Two UVA coaches sons play for the team and I THINK Tim Taylor coaches the team (or he used to before returning to the UVA women's team as associate head coach).  I believe that his son still plays for the squad.

I am not implying that Mac is headed to UVA or that there is interest from either side but...for a team that struggles to score, a high flying scoring machine with MOXIE would be someone I would be interested in...

EDIT:  Just looked it up...T. Taylor coaches Team Loaded 434.  I guess that is an arm of Team Loaded Virginia?  Either way, the Team Loaded Virginia website indicates that they have some SERIOUS talent and alumni. 

Theres different age groups within Team Loaded I think Bob.  15U, 16U, and 17U if I'm not mistaken...and I think there's a couple branches/arms like you mentioned. The team that Mac and Zac are both playing on is absolutely loaded with big time D1 athletes that have offers from the best teams in the nation. 

And I mentioned it back during the season....but I did hear from a reliable source that UVA had a scout at a GC game checking out McClung. (Also to check in on Ervin too I think)  My source was actually sitting with the guy from UVA.  From what I gathered he really liked what he saw from McClung and would be hearing more later on.....so TIFWIW.  Not sure if Mac will land any big major D1 offers this year or not.  If he progresses again from his junior to senior year like the did from his sophomore to junior year then I think he will.  I also heard that if Ervin would sure up his ball handling skills a bit that they would be taking a longer look at him as well.

3 hours ago, RiverRat24 said:

Theres different age groups within Team Loaded I think Bob.  15U, 16U, and 17U if I'm not mistaken...and I think there's a couple branches/arms like you mentioned. The team that Mac and Zac are both playing on is absolutely loaded with big time D1 athletes that have offers from the best teams in the nation. 

And I mentioned it back during the season....but I did hear from a reliable source that UVA had a scout at a GC game checking out McClung. (Also to check in on Ervin too I think)  My source was actually sitting with the guy from UVA.  From what I gathered he really liked what he saw from McClung and would be hearing more later on.....so TIFWIW.  Not sure if Mac will land any big major D1 offers this year or not.  If he progresses again from his junior to senior year like the did from his sophomore to junior year then I think he will.  I also heard that if Ervin would sure up his ball handling skills a bit that they would be taking a longer look at him as well.

UVA scorches the earth as to its basketball recruiting, and given the distance, it's more likely than not that UVA did send someone.  From what I gather, each side is aware of the other, but UVA is very well positioned with elite prospects in the 2018 class (which is absurdly deep).  

UVA has extended offers to 2 Team Loaded Virginia players already.  Bob has also hit on some of the other connections above.  If you see Bennett and crew there, it is almost certainly not to see just McClung. 

As I said before, I do not see McClung making a huge vault in terms of interest, but I am cheering hard for him.

On 4/26/2017 at 0:26 PM, UVAObserver said:

UVA scorches the earth as to its basketball recruiting, and given the distance, it's more likely than not that UVA did send someone.  From what I gather, each side is aware of the other, but UVA is very well positioned with elite prospects in the 2018 class (which is absurdly deep).  

UVA has extended offers to 2 Team Loaded Virginia players already.  Bob has also hit on some of the other connections above.  If you see Bennett and crew there, it is almost certainly not to see just McClung. 

As I said before, I do not see McClung making a huge vault in terms of interest, but I am cheering hard for him.

I agree with you....I see him as being a mid-major player which is still great. But if he does really well this summer on this Team Loaded VA something makes me think one of the bigger D1 schools is gonna offer him. Hope I'm right....but at the same time I'd like to see him stay fairly close to home so I can watch him play...which might be slightly selfish of me.  (And by bigger D1 schools by no means was I referring to the likes of Duke, UK, NC, etc) 

I just seen a few mins ago that Team Loaded VA is now the #1 AAU team... IN THE NATION.

Yea I posted before he made the post on his Twitter about the Rice and Charleston offers.   I had heard several people make rumblings about his academics not being up to par.....but after today I would have to say those rumors are completely false.   It's hard to get offers from Yale and Rice if your not tearing it up academically. 

12 hours ago, RiverRat24 said:

Yea I posted before he made the post on his Twitter about the Rice and Charleston offers.   I had heard several people make rumblings about his academics not being up to par.....but after today I would have to say those rumors are completely false.   It's hard to get offers from Yale and Rice if your not tearing it up academically. 

It would be hard for me to turn down any Ivy League school that came calling!  He needs to make the best decision for himself but the instant networking that comes along with an Ivy League education would be difficult to walk away from. 

4 hours ago, sixcat said:

It would be hard for me to turn down any Ivy League school that came calling!  He needs to make the best decision for himself but the instant networking that comes along with an Ivy League education would be difficult to walk away from. 

I agree. Would be very hard to pass up an opportunity to earn a degree from Yale or Rice.  Just depends on whether he's looking at the 40 year decision or not.  I don't really see a career in sports for him. I guess if he continues to develop and raise his game he could maybe play Euro Ball after college....who knows.  But I wish him the best and hope he makes the best life decision.   The offers are gonna continue  to roll in for him so he will have quite the selection to choose  from.

• 3 weeks later...