Mac McClung

Pickell has been at all of Macs summer games that he could attend and made Mac a priority in this class.  He has stressed over and over that Mac will be his star true PG and that he needed him to help build their program.  Now, seeing how Rutgers recruiting is playing/has played out, I see why Mac has chosen to play there. RU for the time being has a Top 10 recruiting class with Mathis, Mamadou, and McClung.  They could put together a special team in a year or two if Pickell and staff continue putting together such strong recruiting classes.  And I think there also may be something to do with the Adidas connection with these players, their traveling teams, and RU as well.  

I had the chance to talk with the Scottie V. recently and get some information about Macs decision.  He also explained some of the talks about the transfers coming to GC that we've discussed on here too.  The kid that was rumored to come to GC that no one would mention his name.....if he in fact does come it would be a huge pickup. Don't really think its going to happen but the kid definitely doesnt want to continue playing at the private school he is at right now and he's been hanging out with Mac for the past week or two around the GC area.  So.....who knows what will happen there.

RiverRat............what did Scottie say about the Honaker kids?

I was told that the other kid is/was staying with a local family. That came from a very reliable source. I also doubt it will happen, but that kid does want to come to GC and play with Mac. I think saying it would be a "huge pickup" is a major understatement. :)

2 hours ago, Great City said:

RiverRat............what did Scottie say about the Honaker kids?

I was told that the other kid is/was staying with a local family. That came from a very reliable source. I also doubt it will happen, but that kid does want to come to GC and play with Mac. I think saying it would be a "huge pickup" is a major understatement. :)

The Honaker kids are all but a done deal and will be playing for GC from what i gathered.  

The other kid definitely wants to play with Mac.  I figured he would probably end up staying with Macs family if it happened....but you heard he already is staying with a family?  But just like coach said to me....i just don't see it happening. Even If the rumors start to swell and it's all but a done deal I will still play the "believe it when I see it" game on this one.  If it does happen it will make things rough on anyone that plays GC that tries to go into the painted area....thats a guarantee.    

Excellent news about the Honaker kids. I have my doubts, but hope they are with us.

I heard he was already staying with a family, and was told who the family is. However, I'm like Scottie.........I am not sure the behind the scenes stuff can be worked out. Just like you....."I will believe it when I see it."

hahahahahaha  True. The last couple of years we have said that we need a big man in the middle, this guy would be all that......and more.

Just the thought of Mac, Zac, Dean, Compton, George, the Honaker kids, and this big guy being on the same team is scary.

I just don't see it happening....sure hope I'm wrong. Scottie did say Oscar was a super kid though and as genuine as they come.  He's just tired of Mountain Mission.  GC would need another 1000 seats added to their gym before season if he comes lol.   The crowd is already crazy.....adding someone like that would bring people from all over to catch a game or two and the ticket sales would stop an hour and a half before each game.  

BUT.....dont think it happens.

Ron Harper Jr. committed yesterday to RU.   Now by looking at the numbers it doesnt seem like they will be in the mix for Carey....at least it doesn't seem that way. The Knights have assembled a very solid class so far.....Top 10 and should be higher after the commit today from Harper.  Pikiell and staff are putting in major work it seems and the kids are evidently buying into it. I think they go after 1 big and finish out their class.  

On 8/7/2017 at 11:12 AM, Leatherhead Larry said:

If we landed Oscar, we would be state champions hands down. I just don't see us getting him. But the stars have aligned before, you never know. It's just highly doubtful. 

I suppose today told the tale of him coming to GC if he were in school or not.

Apparently he is not at GC. Doubted it would happen, but sure would have been nice. He is what we are missing.

I have seen his state ranking be between 4 - 8. Would have been real handy to have added Virginia's #4-8 ranked player to our current roster.

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...